• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    Nobelololloll
    I mean, seriously. Pop culture everywhere. Not bringing Philip Roth again with you ;-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Well, once again, who cares, this doesn't in any way diminish anyone's contribution so let's just enjoy to the fullest this wonderful heaping of shadenfreude.

btw can't find my post cause site search engine doesn't work anymore (might be linked to some ad blockers I have but i've never seen this bug.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• SafetyKat
        • Aug 2014

Yes it seems the Strassman is one of the writers for that documentary, so I think it's probably somewhat based on his book. I'll check that Docu tonight...thanks!
        Fingerprints is a book, but he does have a few features on YouTube i think.

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

I´m juggling 3 books atm. 2 about videogames (one about Shadow of the Colossus and the other about FF8, cause I love it and it´s in french so it forces me to practice the language) and the 3rd one is "Triste, Solitario y Final" (Sad, lonely and final) by Osvaldo Soriano. I´m reading for the second time cause it´s one of the most entertaining books I´ve read.

Comment

• Krull
            • Jun 2016

Currently reading Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground for the first time. Also reading Rousseau and Jared Diamond for school.

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Notes of a dirty old man by my favorite author Charles Bukowski.

Comment

• vah
                • Aug 2016

Currently swapping between What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt and The Damned by JK Huysmans.

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

I've finally track down all issues of Junji Ito Uzumaki. Not a book per-se but a manga/graphic novel.
                  So i'm reading all that.

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                    • Feb 2014

Re-reading Neuromancer for the first time since I was a pre-internet teenager. Has aged surprisingly well considering. I wonder why a decent movie based on it has never been made.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Read Wuthering Heights some time ago - long overdue, I know.

Almost finished with Cancer Ward - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

Very similar to Magic Mountain, which is what drew me to it I guess. Very interesting that it won the Nobel Prize in Literature when released, like Magic Mountain.

I've read - almost - more than my fair share of Russian literature, anyone have any recommendations?

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                        • Jan 2013

I hated Wuthering Heights when I read it a long time ago. I wonder if I'd change my mind now.

Have you read Pale Fire? It's on my list, but I bought the kindle version, which was a mistake...

Comment

• GucciAmen
                          • Sep 2014

I would give it another chance personally.

The only work by Nabokov I have read is Lolita.

I haven't immersed myself into poetry that much, only Rimbaud and Baudelaire as of yet. I have been considering Keats for some time now also.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                            Read Wuthering Heights some time ago - long overdue, I know.

Almost finished with Cancer Ward - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

Very similar to Magic Mountain, which is what drew me to it I guess. Very interesting that it won the Nobel Prize in Literature when released, like Magic Mountain.

I've read - almost - more than my fair share of Russian literature, anyone have any recommendations?
                            Nobels in lit are awarded for an author's oeuvre not just one book, unless I am misreading you (committee will mention major work that motivated the award).

You like Osip Mandelstam?
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• GucciAmen
                              • Sep 2014

I really do not know. All I know is that is what's on the cover of the two novels - atleast the ones I have.

I was going to start with basic pushkin but this guy's work and story is intriguing. Haven't read too much silver age work, mostly golden age, so this should be interesting.

Thanks man.

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Attempt #3 at completing Moby Dick
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎