• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I have a question - why is he so anal?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Silver
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I have a question - why is he so anal?
      I met him in a small ale pub where i live, and after to many ales i plucked up the courage to go chat to him.. he was nice although very suspicious of me at first, he's more paranoid and cagey than anal.. he was nice in the end though!
      http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Maybe he's just trying to keep a clean and quiet corner in this shit universe - I understand that. I just don't see how the Internet damages that.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Silver
          • Sep 2008

Agreed.. it wasn't that his stuff was easy to get hold of in the first place, let alone now!!.. i guess some people are just anti internet, it's tough one to argue.

Comment

• Buckwheat
            • Sep 2006

I was told by Pollyanna that "he couldn't deliver this season due to maunfactory problem". I was looking forward to his tweed/wool items for this winter.

But I noticed that other online stores/blogs are no longer posting his current collection. Reason is like metioned that he doesn't want to have his products shown on the web.

If you checked out some of the current/last month Japanese fashion magazines, there are highlights of his current season. Same old PH stuff. A patchwork blazer looks very nice.

Comment

• modern77
              • Oct 2006

Saw a really beautiful long black wool coat at If. Not sure if it was from the current season, but it's definitely on my hitlist. Does If ever put his stuff on sale? (wishful thinking).

Comment

• Tiger
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by modern77 View Post
                Saw a really beautiful long black wool coat at If. Not sure if it was from the current season, but it's definitely on my hitlist. Does If ever put his stuff on sale? (wishful thinking).
                Yes they are from current season. Which one did you like, single or dbl breasted?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

They usually don't.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• modern77
                    • Oct 2006

Faust I believe it was the single breasted coat. Don't remember seeing the double breasted one. What was your opinion of the two? Shame his stuff doesn't go on sale though.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Faust I believe it was the single breasted coat. Don't remember seeing the double breasted one. What was your opinion of the two? Shame his stuff doesn't go on sale though.
                      The question came from Tiger. Personally, I am ambivalent about PH. I like the whole artisanal thing in theory, but I can't get past 1) peasant chic is not really my style 2) you ARE essentially paying obscene prices for something the lowest classes (said without disdain) wore, because they could only afford the cheapest cloth.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• modern77
                        • Oct 2006

Hasty reading. Let me redirect the question back to Tiger. What is your opinion of the two?

Comment

• Silver
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          The question came from Tiger. Personally, I am ambivalent about PH. I like the whole artisanal thing in theory, but I can't get past 1) peasant chic is not really my style 2) you ARE essentially paying obscene prices for something the lowest classes (said without disdain) wore, because they could only afford the cheapest cloth.
                          Your points make complete sense, considering what his whole aesthetic is supposedly about.. paying huge amounts of money to live/wear a almost civil war/hobbit style outfits does seem a little silly.. all his fabrics are sourced from small nearly defunct mills around the uk, which in the past were more associated with producing fabrics for a more proletarian class of people.. this does make me feel a bit of a fool for wanting to spend the money on such items, but this is part of the reason for being on this forum, being that this is the way in which fashion has become.. we are constantly having to refer to the past to satisfy our needs... regardless of price etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No, you are absolutely right. The methods of production have changed. As Fuuma once said, 80 years ago a refrigerator was a luxury and a custom made suit was inexpensive. Now it's the other way around.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

that wool/tweed jacket in both single and double breast is awesome. thus far i've only flirted with ph but am feeling the temptation to take things one step further.
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                that wool/tweed jacket in both single and double breast is awesome. thus far i've only flirted with ph but am feeling the temptation to take things one step further.
                                I'll be seeing you at the annual Gettysburg reenactment son!
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎