Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Does anyone know who is behind Paul Harnden perfume? I have bought myself a bottle and enjoy the scent a lot.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Does anyone know if he still makes these riveted pants? Or have they been replaced by a different model from this season? I've been looking for them but very much out of luck at DSM Ginza and DSM Haymarket, unfortunately.

Comment

• myshkin
        • Jun 2014

IF NY had brown waxed pair of these as well as a stiff dark green wool this past Winter

Comment

• thinbuddha
          • Jul 2011

Hey guys - posting here in case anyone would know. Has Paul ever done any beanies? I saw one on Yahoo Japan and was curious.

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
            Hey guys - posting here in case anyone would know. Has Paul ever done any beanies? I saw one on Yahoo Japan and was curious.
            Yup, I got one.

Comment

• thinbuddha
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
              Yup, I got one.
              Sick - thanks Mike.

Comment

• anchorboy
                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
                Yea it should have beanies, but just be careful when you're browsing Yahoo Japan.

Comment

• Hon
                  • Dec 2017

Hey all,
                  After perusing the vast majority of this forum, I wanted to start up a conversation. As a new, inexperienced user I came to SZ with no knowledge of Harnden's work and just a little bit of knowledge of Elena Dawson's solo line. After learning many invaluable things from this forum, I am a little confused why the Paul Harnden forum has been relatively untouched for a year or two. From my reading, it can be said that I learned the following things (not limited to these and may be opinionated): 1. Harnden originally was just a shoemaker and Elena Dawson set forth the precedent regarding clothing for their line (I do and do not believe this) 2. Since Elena Dawson left, Paul's cuts, silhouettes, methods, etc have not really changed. 3. A few years back, maybe 2015, people were saying the prices of Paul's work went up by about 15-20%. As a fan of both Harnden and Dawson, I am curious as to why they are not garnering as much attention these days.. I saw those posts about how the price increase a few years ago could have been Harnden taking advantage of SZ and the once loyal fanbase. I love the aesthetic of these designers' pieces and am looking forward to an in-person experience soon. To conclude, what is next up for Paul Harnden, Shoemakers? I'm sure they are still stockists, but what ever happened to Paul Harnden?
                  P.s. Sorry if any ignorances were expressed, I'm trying to self-educate myself as much as possible before posting on the forums. Also, to the Admins, sorry for all the frantic posts. Thanks all.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Maybe the interest has waned because he continues to make the exact same things just in different fabrics every year. One gets tired after a while...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

I would also point out that he uses muslin for lining for some of his jackets which is probably the cheapest form of fabric available and very allergenic so his price point to me is like...what.
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

Does someone know if Harnden comes in XXL? I think I've seen a jacket in that size once on Rakuten, but never in store.

Comment

• Twiterski
                          • Aug 2014

yes i have 9 XXL jackets from PH. in my experience of collecting PH for couple years, XXL seems rare as i imagine only a handful of examples of these larger sizes are ever made and sent into the limited number of stockists (that eventually find their way online). once when i was at IF Philip suggested i try a XXL that he had in the back when he saw me struggling with an XL on the floor. I wondered why the XXL wasn't out in the first place... but to again answer your question regarding XXL, they are rare, but they are there.

Comment

• mikko
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Maybe the interest has waned because he continues to make the exact same things just in different fabrics every year. One gets tired after a while...
                            Pork Pie and Breadmaker from SS18 still looking fresh as fuck:

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

Yes, and someone is khaki green with envy

Comment

• Twiterski
                                • Aug 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰