X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Nothing like some Nietzschean philosophy applied to fashion. This is the kind of stuff I like.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Nothing like some Nietzschean philosophy applied to fashion. This is the kind of stuff I like.
      tied with you for a close second!
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Great post, crouka. It's interesting to hear a driving inspiration was native american.

Thanks also to snafu for sharing those insights with us.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• mhapuan
          • Sep 2009

I like every harnden pics.

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

crouka a beautiful and articulate post.. A pleasure for my brain after a long day of studying.. Thankyou.. Thankyou ever so much.

cheers snaf..
            WTB: This

Comment

• johnny_herb
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
              He doesn't sell it with any manifesto (unlike other people in fashion) so simply if we don't like it, don't feel its worth the money, then don't buy it.
              Reminds me of a section from a favourite quote of mine; the late Harold Pinter talking about Samuel Beckett:

"The farther he goes the more good it does me. I don’t want philosophies, tracts, dogmas, creeds, ways out, truths, answers, nothing from the bargain basement. He is the most courageous, remorseless writer going and the more he grinds my nose in the shit the more I am grateful to him.
              He’s not fucking me about, he’s not leading me up any garden path, he’s not slipping me a wink, he’s not flogging me a remedy or a path or a revelation or a basinful of breadcrumbs, he’s not selling me anything I don’t want to buy — he doesn’t give a bollock whether I buy or not — he hasn’t got his hand over his heart. Well, I’ll buy his goods, hook, line and sinker, because he leaves no stone unturned and no maggot lonely. He brings forth a body of beauty.
              His work is beautiful"
              http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15988

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ That's a pretty hardcore statement.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

/\ You're such an a-hole...haha. Welcome back! :)
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

crouka and snaf, thanks for the beautiful posts.

ndf, you were missed. welcome back.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^he wasn't referring to your post.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        What news? Same fucking jacket, different season. At least the cuts have changed, and now they are more conforming to human anatomy.

I have to say, though I am not a fan of his work by and large, the jacket Avanster got is absolutely stellar. SBW has the same one, so something must be in the air. I woulnd't mind owning that too...
                        Avantser, which jacket does Faust speaks of?

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

Welcome back, V!

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                          Avantser, which jacket does Faust speaks of?
                          It's a four button wrinkled jacket in wool, with alternating textured panels, a classic Harnden cut with surgeon cuffs. Probably my favorite jacket since I acquired it. I posted a pic a while back in waywt.
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                            I went down to his studio not too long ago before summer,
                            its down a tiny tiny lane most people would miss, a few minutes from the beach, behind a pub, next to a Lingerie store.
                            His studio has no signs on the door, just an old collection of nick nacks, some old old toys, old war signs etc, boxes pilled up saying AW 05, SS03, dusty and dirty god knows whats in them.
                            It seems like a special place, he works for him self not for fashion
                            obviously he has to deliver on time to keep the shops happy but he probally only sells to enough shops to cover his bar tabs around brighton. He works when he wants and when he needs to, you wont find him there 9-5 monday to friday.
                            I liked the quirkyness the place seem to have; the fact he had a mouse hole cut out in the back of his gate, it was oversized a bit so probably for his dog or a cat he may have.
                            If he could sell enough clothes in brighton then he probably would just do that, his work is his work. He doesn't sell it with any manifesto (unlike other people in fashion) so simply if we don't like it, don't feel its worth the money, then don't buy it.
                            Wether i like his silhouette or garments, I can respect him, he is doing something so far away to normal fashion, its closer to the shoemakers you could see on the side of the road in India or Malaysia, this is all my personal opinion.
                            Its a beautiful post, but there's something about it that I find rather sad and depressing..............
                            I always felt that if one is going to work, even if the company is small and independent, there should be a certain "joy" to the environment. the description you gave, seems as if there is no joy or vibrancy to his working environment, and that to me is sad................
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• crouka
                              • Jul 2007

when happiness is immanent in what you do, when what you do itself is a libidinal work, instead of being sacrificed to meaning, purpose, result or future, etc, then maybe you don't need so much joy as an external support.
                              or joy for him could be every little nature in his place as well as great one surrounding it. there might always be love and gratitude to the ground he is standing on. dionysus also represents reconciliation between humanity and nature.

a conductor would look strange on TV with the sound off. the gesture might make you feel sad while it is actually for the serene beautiful character of the music.
                              if the inner music he (PH) is listening to was shared with us, I guess we would not feel it's sad.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

rare pic of paul :P

Photobucket
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎