Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Harnden

Whilst in my old local last week, i saw the man himself (he's a regular in there)... bloody legend...

[IMG]PH PIC[/IMG]

standing in front of two pints, no less!

He loves a bit of a brew down the lanes.....

P.H erotica?
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

very glad i didn't visit this thread at work

Quote Originally Posted by ardeetee View Post
    very glad i didn't visit this thread at work
    i did, but at least I was on guest wireless on my personal laptop...sure hope I don't get hosed for it...
    I am not who you think I am

Found out the other day that Dover Street Market will be stocking him for AW10.. apparently they've been after him for quite some time now....

Time to start saving!!

Could we get some more pictures of the actual work of the man in this thread? Textures, materials, close-ups, details... From what I've seen this far I really like his work but good pictures are rare.
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

yeh i didn't think that it was going to happen but apprently it has been confirmed on the condition Rei buys the collection herself.
    It will give me a reason to go back into dover street again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFiya View Post
    Could we get some more pictures of the actual work of the man in this thread? Textures, materials, close-ups, details... From what I've seen this far I really like his work but good pictures are rare.
    Few bits...

rirachiyosaran-img450x600-12548952388cffg048974

villa_fenelon-img600x405-1228984826ntfyag37195

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Found out the other day that Dover Street Market will be stocking him for AW10.. apparently they've been after him for quite some time now....

Time to start saving!!
    Great news - he's finally back in england.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    yeh i didn't think that it was going to happen but apprently it has been confirmed on the condition Rei buys the collection herself.
    It will give me a reason to go back into dover street again.
    awesome. i love the dick-waving exercises.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I have a different level of respect for his work after checking out the selection at IF, the other day.............
    interesting that what i liked the most were some womens silk scarves with prints taken form vintage books............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

best news i've heard for a while that Harnden will be avaliable in London - crazy that a british desgner refused to supply UK shops historically....I will try and post some pictures of my humble collection over the next few days.......4 jackets and 2 pairs of trousers......great great materials/cloth....sold my boots and shoes last year and regretting it already...........

Yep what SNAFU said is true!
    He would only deal with REI personally! And it most def will be in DSM next season.

There is another funny little story about a store approaching him,but i will leave that for now.
    Although the outcome was bloody hilarious! A true eccentric character to say the leats.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

apologies if these have been posted before..

there's a ph anorak pullover at IF that's been sitting there for a while now. it looks terrible but i kinda want it.., lol

Quote Originally Posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
    There is another funny little story about a store approaching him,but i will leave that for now.
    Although the outcome was bloody hilarious! A true eccentric character to say the leats.
    tough label to get, heard crazy stories as well. ph are more exclusive than ccp.

As eccentricity goes, I don't think he's eccentric. Far from it. It's very likely more to do with how little regard he has for the way the "industry" works its machinery, even at its most niche and marginal. I believe fundamentally he has a problem with representation: of how his vision and garments are being represented, especially in the way they're being contextualised historically, aesthetically, philosophically, effectually, and so on and so forth. It could be as simple as that. Pure speculation on my part of course.

Quote Originally Posted by endersgame View Post
    PH jackets
    If they are what I think they are, then those pictures most definitely don't them any justice. In fact, most of the pictures above hardly capture PH garments in their essence. The oft-repeated and cliched, maybe even tired, truism of "first-hand experience as the best form of experience", ie. handling garments in real-life, undoubtedly holds more truth for PH garments than any other celebrated in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by todestrieb View Post
    If they are what I think they are, then those pictures most definitely don't them any justice. In fact, most of the pictures above hardly capture PH garments in their essence. The oft-repeated and cliched, maybe even tired, truism of "first-hand experience as the best form of experience", ie. handling garments in real-life, undoubtedly holds more truth for PH garments than any other celebrated in this forum.
    With all the posted photos, I can see why he doesn't want to sell via the internet.

in person > pixels

have to agree, even looking at the clothes across a room, doesn't really compare to touching and inspecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrost View Post
    With all the posted photos, I can see why he doesn't want to sell via the internet.

in person > pixels
    can't help but disagreeing on these dogmatic views on hardnen... of course his work is better IRL than in pics on the web, but can't we say the same with every single designer, and especially those that value research on materials? Think of Amadei, who doesn't seem to care about the retailing of his pieces on the web.

todestrieb, i see what you mean, ph work needs a context to be seen properly. but consider that 1) it's the case for most of the designers again and 2) 99% of ph's clients won't espouse the intended context with buying a jacket, quite the contrary...

to me ph's distrust and contempt over the web, and more generally over the modern world is a bit cliché, his designs don't need all this cheap bucolic mythology, they are truly original in their shape and feeling and deserve to be paired as well with more urban/edgy clothes for the achievement of nicely contrasted outfits.

BTW, despite all his aside civilization ethos, harnden is sold at the most civilized shops worldwide... and no one seems shocked to see PH sold with CCP, MA+ and other 'artisanal' top $$$ brands.