• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    yeh i didn't think that it was going to happen but apprently it has been confirmed on the condition Rei buys the collection herself.
    It will give me a reason to go back into dover street again.
    awesome. i love the dick-waving exercises.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

I have a different level of respect for his work after checking out the selection at IF, the other day.............
      interesting that what i liked the most were some womens silk scarves with prints taken form vintage books............
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

best news i've heard for a while that Harnden will be avaliable in London - crazy that a british desgner refused to supply UK shops historically....I will try and post some pictures of my humble collection over the next few days.......4 jackets and 2 pairs of trousers......great great materials/cloth....sold my boots and shoes last year and regretting it already...........
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Yep what SNAFU said is true!
          He would only deal with REI personally! And it most def will be in DSM next season.

There is another funny little story about a store approaching him,but i will leave that for now.
          Although the outcome was bloody hilarious! A true eccentric character to say the leats.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

apologies if these have been posted before..

there's a ph anorak pullover at IF that's been sitting there for a while now. it looks terrible but i kinda want it.., lol

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              There is another funny little story about a store approaching him,but i will leave that for now.
              Although the outcome was bloody hilarious! A true eccentric character to say the leats.
              tough label to get, heard crazy stories as well. ph are more exclusive than ccp.

Comment

• todestrieb
                • Mar 2009

As eccentricity goes, I don't think he's eccentric. Far from it. It's very likely more to do with how little regard he has for the way the "industry" works its machinery, even at its most niche and marginal. I believe fundamentally he has a problem with representation: of how his vision and garments are being represented, especially in the way they're being contextualised historically, aesthetically, philosophically, effectually, and so on and so forth. It could be as simple as that. Pure speculation on my part of course.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                PH jackets
                If they are what I think they are, then those pictures most definitely don't them any justice. In fact, most of the pictures above hardly capture PH garments in their essence. The oft-repeated and cliched, maybe even tired, truism of "first-hand experience as the best form of experience", ie. handling garments in real-life, undoubtedly holds more truth for PH garments than any other celebrated in this forum.

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                  If they are what I think they are, then those pictures most definitely don't them any justice. In fact, most of the pictures above hardly capture PH garments in their essence. The oft-repeated and cliched, maybe even tired, truism of "first-hand experience as the best form of experience", ie. handling garments in real-life, undoubtedly holds more truth for PH garments than any other celebrated in this forum.
                  With all the posted photos, I can see why he doesn't want to sell via the internet.

in person > pixels

Comment

• Tyro
                    • Nov 2008

have to agree, even looking at the clothes across a room, doesn't really compare to touching and inspecting them.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                      With all the posted photos, I can see why he doesn't want to sell via the internet.

in person > pixels
                      can't help but disagreeing on these dogmatic views on hardnen... of course his work is better IRL than in pics on the web, but can't we say the same with every single designer, and especially those that value research on materials? Think of Amadei, who doesn't seem to care about the retailing of his pieces on the web.

todestrieb, i see what you mean, ph work needs a context to be seen properly. but consider that 1) it's the case for most of the designers again and 2) 99% of ph's clients won't espouse the intended context with buying a jacket, quite the contrary...

to me ph's distrust and contempt over the web, and more generally over the modern world is a bit cliché, his designs don't need all this cheap bucolic mythology, they are truly original in their shape and feeling and deserve to be paired as well with more urban/edgy clothes for the achievement of nicely contrasted outfits.

BTW, despite all his aside civilization ethos, harnden is sold at the most civilized shops worldwide... and no one seems shocked to see PH sold with CCP, MA+ and other 'artisanal' top $$$ brands.
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

^ out of context. but either way, there are designers do care how their work are represented on the internet. just the same way how civilized shops may represent them physically.
                        Last edited by fenrost; 06-13-2010, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

sure, fenrost, but fighting against the web without being on the web sounds like fighting against destiny in a Greek tragedy...
                          besides i would tend to defend a view according to which an artist (or any producer) should not want to possess his work after it has come out. the object of art has a life in itself, free from the creator's intents or viewpoint.
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            sure, fenrost, but fighting against the web without being on the web sounds like fighting against destiny in a Greek tragedy...
                            besides i would tend to defend a view according to which an artist (or any producer) should not want to possess his work after it has come out. the object of art has a life in itself, free from the creator's intents or viewpoint.
                            huh, in what sense? buying clothes online/without touching is the future?

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

^ while I do not think this necessarily applies to the 'high-end-fashion brands' we're talking about here, I generally would say that the future in buying clothes is indeed the internet. Somebody posted a statistic of the rise of the Yoox empire a while back. Was quite impressive... People are getting lazy and prefer to do everything from back home. Recently, a local supermarket has launched his online store.
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

^its terrible and inevitable. i appreciate it's more accessible, tho. but it's the fitting that's missing.

back again, i am surprised to see yoox selling ph ! ; )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎