Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Harnden

Default Re: Paul Harnden, Shoemakers

Thanks for the pics Monty.

Albert - I see what you are saying. You can almost smell the dorm room/apt. :)

But it fits in to his asethetic. The chair is made with his fabric and goose down fill I believe. It's definitelynot Rick Owens orDior.

Thanks Monty, they just don't look the same and not as appealing as the original pic. My wallet thanks you.

I've uploaded a short film call "Analysis of Leather" by Paul Harnden on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSD_6_jaCd0

also,

the splash image from paulharndenshoemakers.com

pretty psychedelic [:|]

any idea on astory behind the video..?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

xadam

[quote user="Jun"]

the splash image from paulharndenshoemakers.com

[/quote]

Ah, the wonderful contradictions of a man who sells $1500 laceups offering tips on saving money.

Is Paul Harnden sold anywhere in London? DSM, maybe?

Nowhere in London sells Harnden. Pollyanna in Barnsley and online (www.pollyanna.com) are the only UK stockists.

Thanks, Jun! Pretty psychedelic, indeed. I wonder what the point is, if any. Ideas?

I interpret it as depiction of the scientific mind trying to to apply pure functional analysis (reason) to a phenomenon (artisanal product), that cannot be analyzed, but can only be understood through feeling (non-reason). Naturally, reason fails.

Of course I am a complete Robert Pirsig supporter...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks Jun,

Do you know when the short was made?

I have been watching "Twin Peaks" lately, and I couldn't help but think "new shoes, new shoes..." when I saw the tape in the shoe! [:$]

To people who own his clothes; is the quality of the construction and materials as good as advertised?

[quote user="Seventh"]

Thanks Jun,

I have been watching "Twin Peaks" lately, and I couldn't help but think "new shoes, new shoes..." when I saw the tape in the shoe! [:$]

To people who own his clothes; is the quality of the construction and materials as good as advertised?

[/quote]

Don't own any, but have handled plenty. I think it is absolutely a matter of personal taste. Personally, I don't really like it - most fabrics are very rough. It really is a peasant aesthetic, all the way through fit and finish. You need to see this in person before buying anything. The shoes are lovely though - I'd like a pair.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^ None of those pics are showing for me , Monty [:(].

I didn't know that he has a website up. Interesting. Is he really going to show how to make shoes? Didn't someone mention that his shoes don't hold up well?

Here is the pork pie hat - eaten and designed by suzy the dog

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Seventh"]

Thanks Jun,

[/quote]

Don't own any, but have handled plenty. I think it is absolutely a matter of personal taste. Personally, I don't really like it - most fabrics are very rough. It really is a peasant aesthetic, all the way through fit and finish. You need to see this in person before buying anything. The shoes are lovely though - I'd like a pair.

[/quote]

I like it because the rough and rawness that they were made :) To me they are like freshly baked by someone, very personal, not polished made, in natural state kind of way. It's hard to describe for me. You have to feel it in person. And of course it's a matter of personal taste.

And I think they are very well made. His cotton is very rough, almost like paper. He uses that mostly for lining I think. When you put the garment on it's like putting through rough paper and making that noise. It's like a soundthat tells you that you have the clothes on now.

I am surprised that Pollyanna is the only store in UK that carries PH. And they are always sold out. Well I guess maybe that's why.

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

I like it because the rough and rawness that they were made :) To me they are like freshly baked by someone, very personal, not polished made, in natural state kind of way. It's hard to describe for me. You have to feel it in person. And of course it's a matter of personal taste.

And I think they are very well made. His cotton is very rough, almost like paper. He uses that mostly for lining I think. When you put the garment on it's like putting through rough paper and making that noise. It's like a soundthat tells you that you have the clothes on now.

I am surprised that Pollyanna is the only store in UK that carries PH. And they are always sold out. Well I guess maybe that's why.

[/quote]

Thanks Buckwheat and Faust,
    I have seen and handled his clothes at IF, but don't own anything. I agree with how Buckwheat described the rough, unpolished texture of his clothes. They look like they would get better the more they get broken in and worn by age (which is a very attractive concept to me), sorta in the way that denim can be made to age beautifully. But I was wondering if this was really the case or more of how it was marketed. I am glad to hear that they well constructed and made.
    His designs seem to border on historical costumes, but like others have mentioned there are individual pieces that are just great. I love the pants with braces...

They do need some mix and match I think. Otherwise yes it will look costume-y. Keep reminding me those black and white photographs of earlier immigrants.

But you can create some nice favor if you mix them well I think :)

AW 2007 womenswear pics.

I love this skirt.

Can anybody tell me about the sizing of Paul Harnden jacket / blazers? I have seen a beautiful jacket in size XL and XXL, and I am regularly an Italian 48. Hopefully some of you have got experience with the brand and its garments.

Thank you in advance for your help.

KR

Divo

they will be much too big for you. M at the most will be what you need I'm afraid

Agreed with what Johnny said.

His pants/trousers could be tricky though. Depends on the style and cut, they could be a size too big.