Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Harnden

Default Re: Paul Harnden, Shoemakers

Bumping this thread up.

So I had the chance to try on quite a few pieces of Paul Harnden at L'eclaireur.
    A tweed mid length blazer/jacket looked surprisingly great with what I was wearing.
    A thick dark navy linen cardigan with large buttons and three 3d wrinkled pockets felt comfortable and substantial but I couldn't pull the trigger at the price. Feeling a tinge of regret now.

I've done a cursory search, but it seems the only online retailers are Pollyanna, and Yoox.

Does anyone know which other retailers stock this brand?

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

IF also carries them... and I'd like to say Alan Bilzerian. I know they carry Vidalenc so maybe Harnden as well.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

xadam

agreed that his blazers and sweaters generally look great. but i find them difficult to pair with non-ph pieces, and i can't rock his pants.

in the us, bilzerian does not carry his line, maxfield does. but i don't think that helps you.

i have a lookbook from a couple of seasons back that i should scan for this thread.

That 3D pocket cardigan sounds great, you mind me asking what the price was.

I bought the brown linen jacket that they have on pollyanna, great greatclassic jacket with a very unique fit.

Did they have the silk organza jacket that sold out at pollyanna or any shoes for that matter?

The only other source for paul harnden would be regular searches on yahoo japan - and there was a japanses site called herb mill that stocked them awhile back.. dont know if they still do.

IF has a substantial PH selection. That's the only stocklist I know.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks for the input, guys.

monty, I don't recall exactly, but I remember doing the conversion in my head and it came out to over $1K so it must have been around 500 EUR. It was a crew neck, fairly thick, and the pockets were just beautiful.

The brown linen jacket, is that from this season? Would love to see your own pictures, if you have any.

I didn't see any of his shoes at L'eclaireur. Although I have heard that there are some issues with his shoes. I love the shape and look, but it appears that they are deconstructed to the point that, well, they don't last as long as other shoes in the same price range.

xadam, I would love to see that lookbook. where did you get it?

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Here is a picture pollyanna sent me, yeah its from this season...

The cardigan sounds awesome...

Didnt know there were quality issues withPH shoes, thanks for the heads up... maybe i will go with those grey poell derbys instead

xadam

ph aw2004 lookbook

the models are paul and his wife; they live somewhere in the british countryside.

Thanks for taking the time to post the lookbook. A few of the photos show the silhouette well enough, but I still don't understand why designers continue to shoot vague, shadowy and dim pictures when you can't even see what the clothes look like.

Regardless of that, I think it's very cool that he and his wife modeled the clothes. Makes it seem very personal and gives me the sense that Harnden really believes these clothes will look best on normal people.

Thanks for the pics. Yeah i dont know how i feel about not really getting a clear view of the clothes, but i guess its more about the atmosphere and themoodthat the pictures create -and in some ways it tells more about the clothes then actual product shots would.

/\ I'vehad these now for 5 months and they're standing up well. Seem solid enough to me. Love the rough & ready look - it's like they've been hewn from a solid block of leather. Took these pics when they were new,maybe I'll report back in 6 months with an update. Probably wear them once a week on average & find them very comfortable.

Sammy...kind of hard to see, butare there heels on those PH shoes?
    "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

yes there are. Sorry, here's a better (profile) pic ...

That's cool, Monty, what size are you? I thought pollyanna only stocked larger sizes..

Wow, xadam, thanks for posting the lookbook. Where did you get it?
    It almost looks like something out of the past, and yet at the same time the depiction also seems honest and real. To me it feels very personal, as if it's a glimpse into his everyday life.

Nice, sammy, good to know that you haven't had any problems.

The shoes look great!

I am a Large. Yeah they only stock M to XL i believe. But try and get in contact with them. They are quite helpful.

xadam

[quote user="Avantster"]

Wow, xadam, thanks for posting the lookbook. Where did you get it?
    It almost looks like something out of the past, and yet at the same time the depiction also seems honest and real. To me it feels very personal, as if it's a glimpse into his everyday life.

[/quote]

the sa at if gave it to me. i agree that it's more of a branding magazine than a list of items for sale. it's printed on 11x17 paper.

I work for a shoemaker in sydney who has in the past worked and lived with Paul Harnden. I hear some very interesting stories. From what he tells me it's Paul's wife who designs much of the clothes. He has a few look books/catalogues himself which are very interesting. At one point they were passport sized with line drawings of the shoes and clothes and now they have grown to A3.

The photos have given me the adjective that I've been looking for to describe Harnden:

Colonial.

The fabrics are really lovely. With old wrinkly CDiem gone, at least PH is keeping that steez goin

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

xadam

at the time, the if sa described the pieces to me as, "if you were around during the civil war, this is how you would have dressed."

Default PH Shoe Sizing

redacted