• Show
Clear All
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
      Harveys sent me these pics a few years back, figured i'd unload some (unfortunately no longer ships overseas as he was my carpe and ph footwear source):
      funny...i bought my first ever pair of ph from harveys a few years ago...they were the black ankle boots as seen in your photos....he also sent me a load of polariod pictures in the post to pic from...haven't spoken to him for yrs, but last time we spoke he still didn't have internet or email....you can see why hardnen supplies to him....both from the same school of thought....
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

Yea same deal - sent pics in mail first. But then had someone send me an email with these digital pics. Definitely an awesome guy.

Unfortunately recently informed he that he's done shipping shoes to the USA but an sz member was very kind to help.

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

same old lame old - fashion whatever the diameter will eventually be trendy to some degree and with the accessability of the internet people`s motives will always be somewhat dubious and plagued by anonymity. bloggers copy-paste articles, szers copy-paste Ph jackets and this argument copy-paste itself. snafu and shye going for a pinte that`s genuine.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ and yet again you will come and talk shit RIGHT AFTER everyone calms down.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
              bloggers copy-paste articles, szers copy-paste Ph jackets and this argument copy-paste itself.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by danman
                Hey where can I see the PH current PH collection? any sites? ANYWHERE?? The PH site has PH written in big letters and looks like it doesnt do anything
                Congratulations to this thread reaching the where2kop/whatsizeshouldiget level!!!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

when i type 'paul harnden' into google, this is the second website to come up straight after PH's own incredibly informative homepage....so we are pretty doomed...its already the 'go to' forum for most of the interesting labels

on a side note, was shocked to see 'all saints' very own rip-off PH classic blazer in stock today with peaked lapels, heavy lining and course fabrics...I was actually going to take some snaps and hold a christmas quiz to see if you could spot the copy...neil barret boiled leathers, ccp high neck long coat, augusta shoes, RO, jpants were all well represented...shouldn't have been, but was quite shocked...

I strongly believe that many of the designers that we focus on in this forum do not actually get the credit they deserve for shaping the trends we see on today's highstreet
                  Last edited by eton97; 12-12-2010, 03:39 PM.
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

was in allsaints last week because my two oldest sons wanted leather shirts ( :/ ) but i was pleasantly surprised by the quality, "inspirational borrowing" aside. What bugs me is not these stores, but the doombots walking around nyc in cropped leathers, flappy tanks under tees and wedges because that's what their fashion blogs tell them to wear, while they have no historical reference for where the original source of these designs came from.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

would be nice to have a picture comparison of ASS (All Saints) knock-offs.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ose
                        • Mar 2009

sz's gone mainstream. initiate protocol omega.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

it's funny, and with 3 kids i don;t get out much, but i don't think mainstream is the right word. i mean, i have probably seen a grand total of 10 people wearing RO outside my friends, forumites and salespeople. even less in ccp or harnden.

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

oh come on guys! i thought we had just gotten over this 'overprotectivism' earlier this this thread??? and here we're at it again???

when we're all discussing 'real' matters such as design concepts, reflections/reactions to certain cuts/fits/fabrics, etc, this forum is a great platform for all... but when people start eskewing (is this how you spell it?) this self-righteous self-priveleged 'elitism' it gets kinda annoying and distasteful...

the truth is, as long as there are the authentic creatives, there will always follow an exponential crowd of copies, or more nicely put - the 'inspired'. rather then freaking out or becoming bitter over all this copying, see it as the ultimate form of flatter :) imo, the more an authentic is copied, the more value becomes of his/her work in the long run. plus, those that will wear the likes of PH & CCP will always wear and appreciate PH & CCP; those who buy into the hype will always buy into whatever the next hype is and move on... and forever remain as wannabes... or, for that matter, some might be 'converted' and 'see the light' ;p

let's keep sz the haven for the like-minded individuals who appreciate creative authenticity that it was built for, and not clog up so much text space with small-minded trivial bickering, shall we :)

i am NOT writing this with anyone in particular in mind, so please do not get offended ;P we're all here to make new friends, right ;)

btw, took a look at all saints... nothing like PH at all!?!?! PH really isn't the only one or the first one to use coarse wrinkly fabrics...

my 2 cents.

Comment

• surver
                              • Oct 2007

oh, and please don't take this the wrong way, i DON'T support copying as much as all of you do not.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Surver, you are right. I am not worried about the All Saints crowd at all.

But I would like to point out the basic thing that gets lost in all the bickering - I assume (sometimes know) that the designers I champion put a little bit of themselves in their work, and by buying their work we relate to that bit, because it speaks to us. And when their close starts being bought for showing off (I imagine one of those vomit-inducing fashion parties, "Dahling, this is the guy Galliano talked about, he's all the rage now!") and then to be quickly discarded - I reserve the right to be indignant - I really do, and I really don't care about accusations of elitism and snobbery. I want my corner of the universe with the things I can relate to, beautiful and unsoiled, and even know there is no such thing in the big scheme, I want it nonetheless.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎