X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Oh shit. Good call, totally missed that.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• danman
      Banned
      • Dec 2010

PH blazer

Is the long blazer Brad wearing 100% wool or a wool blend? Looks a bit thin to be pure wool.. Thats not tweed is it? MikeNouveau's looks like bridseye pattern

Comment

• danman
        Banned
        • Dec 2010

style

so is this a copy cat or do these designers just have the same style?

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

IMO, besides the leather button backings, don't really see very much similarity between this and a PH coat or mac
          I can imagine in real life there are even fewer similarities especially in cloth, fit and cut...
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• danman
            Banned
            • Dec 2010

I dont know ETON, that silk,wool, linen blend gives a pretty similar look to a PH... Still not sure what material the ph blazers are.. They say wool, but no one has said 100% wool. Five buttons, contrasting button reinforcements, one slash chest pocket, flap front pockets.. All its missing are the cuff details

Hard to not notice the resemblance.. I mean, try and look for another blazer with similar details and you wont find one..

I had actually never seen the contrasting button backs till I saw PH.. Love that detail..

Im totally with you on the cut.. No way does it look like PH

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by danman View Post
              I dont know ETON, that silk,wool, linen blend gives a pretty similar look to a PH... Still not sure what material the ph blazers are.. They say wool, but no one has said 100% wool. Five buttons, contrasting button reinforcements, one slash chest pocket, flap front pockets.. All its missing are the cuff details

Hard to not notice the resemblance.. I mean, try and look for another blazer with similar details and you wont find one..

I had actually never seen the contrasting button backs till I saw PH.. Love that detail..

Im totally with you on the cut.. No way does it look like PH
              Almost everything you're describing fits the formula for a classic blazer/jacket. Certainly not unique to PH and Christian Peau has been around for a long long time doing their own distinct thing. Their coat, aside from the contrasting button backing really isn't like a PH one. No shrunken details/features which is a hallmark of PH. As for the fabric choice, that is distinctly different than PH who pretty much always uses a single fiber type (usually wool but linen and leather are other common options) for the outer and cotton for the inner.

The rumpled look runs throughout many of the brands mentioned on here. From Rick's "crashed coat" to LMaltieri outerwear, MA+ pieces, LUC, Junya, CdG... the list goes on. One can still spot a PH versus other lines' jacket a ways away.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ Agreed.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• danman
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2010

From what ive noticed, many Ph blazers are Cut like 2 & 3 button blazers but have the additional buttons which close it up to the top.. Thats a unique feature which Ive never seen on any other classic blazer/jacket other then this CHRISTIAN PEAU..

Eton- Fit is a product of the wearer, not the design.. Same cut. same size will fit different on different body

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

From what ive noticed, many Ph blazers are Cut like 2 & 3 button blazers but have the additional buttons which close it up to the top.. Thats a unique feature which Ive never seen on any other classic blazer/jacket other then this CHRISTIAN PEAU..
                    ... And quite a lot of CDGH+ jackets. And some Ann D too.
                    Of course, PH designed jackets for CDG in the past, if I'm not mistaken. But even in this case, I doubt he is the first one to have thought of an additionnal button to close the collar completely.

This jacket is not a copycat - it just gives the same kind of feeling. But it is a lot more basic in its cut than PH, from what I can see.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

Eton- Fit is a product of the wearer, not the design.. Same cut. same size will fit different on different body
                      danman, your first point is incorrect - i have many jackets with additional buttons to fasten up the neck....and CDG have been doing that for many yrs...and PH jackets are not cut like a 2/3 button blazer, unless you consider lapels, 2 pockets, a breast pocket and vents as the definition of what makes a blazer a blazer.....
                      not sure what your point is re 'fit' - PH jackets 'fit' differently than a classic work blazer due to their construction and lining and cut - irrelevant of the wearer....
                      thats why you can spot a PH jacket a mile away, and would not confuse it with a Christian Peau

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                        ... Of course, PH designed jackets for CDG in the past, if I'm not mistaken.
                        Wow - I have never heard that before.....

Comment

• modern77
                          • Oct 2006

Also did some shoes for CDG if I'm not mistaken

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

you have much to learn, grasshopper.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

actually i thought he designed jackets for cdg and shoes for john lobb

but the real and interesting question imo is the one i asked some time ago: where does this jackets' design come from? i remember even merz could not tell if it was a stricto sensu replica of a historical cut, or if it was the product of a imaginary souvenir. whether or not cdg had this design before ph or ph did it first for cdg or whatever it does not address the mystery of the origin of these jackets.
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

listen,

dont bother to waster your time,
                                there have been many jackets made historically with three or four buttons and a button under the right lapel to button through the hole at the top of the left lapel as a means of keeping the wearer warm in colder periods, because then people had a lot less clothes than we do now.

what Harnden has done is taken something very traditional and added his own unique twist to aspects it to make it his own look.................when it comes to classic clothing thats what a lot of designers do...........

reinforcements behind the buttons on a jacket or coat is nothing new, what Harnden did was to make his of leather. he changed the traditional lining of a coat and made his from muslin and calico..........a very humble and peasant like fabric, which is a significant key to the look and feel of his jackets.........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎