X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by danman
    Hmmm. Eton, so you have seen many 5-button wool Peaked lapel sportcoats which button to the top??

Id like to see those..
    danman - you imply that i may be talking shit???????????

- you have had several people tell you already (two of which are designers themselves) that there are plenty of 5 button jackets that button up to the top, especially CDG - one of which is hanging in my wardrobe - if i really have to take a photo to convince you and end this discussion, i will, but spend some time looking through this forum, and you may just see some....and again, as people below are telling you, it is not a 'unique design'. You are wrong - move on

- you say you are new to PH....its great that you have an interest, but if you are basing your views on internet pictures, that is where the fault lies......trust me.

but always nice to have someone new interested in PH...
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
      you say you are new to PH....its great that you have an interest, but if you are basing your views on internet pictures, that is where the fault lies......trust me.
      this.

you are comparing two jackets which you've seen in random pictures online and still arguing when people tell you otherwise.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        this.

you are comparing two jackets which you've seen in random pictures online and sitll arguing when people tell you otherwise.
        Such is the world of the new internet pontificators.........
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Just to add: PH did in fact do some shoes for CDG. Saw a pair on Y! not too long ago.

Comment

• danman
            Banned
            • Dec 2010

guys guys come down lol

What I said was that I have never seen A PEAKED LAPEL BLAZER WHICH IS CUT LIKE A TWO OR THREE BUTTON JACKET, with five buttons..

If you guys say that the classic paul blazer ( If Im correct about what the classic is) is not cut like a two or three button blazer then explain cause thats what I see..

Also, I have never seen button backs used on lapels.. Thats it..

Comment

• surver
              • Oct 2007

ugh what a boring and senseless series of arguments!!! come on guys, can we not waste so much time and energy on meaningless arguments on who originated blazers that can button at the collar???

the 'blazer' as we know it today basically evolved from structured military uniforms that were all buttoned all the way up to the collar; and in more casual, or 'down' times, the officers would unbutton the collars and the jacket lapels would naturally 'fold' down on both sides, eventually evolving into the modern day blazer/suit jacket archetype...

endless variations of this have come and gone... it's just that in the current fashion climate, PH and CDG have consistently held on to this detail and have made it part of their basic signature, in their own respective ways/nuances...

regarding the PH/CDG connection, i remember from somewhere that PH was actually the one instrumental to CDG's boiled wool jackets which 'began' in the early/mid nineties? can't remember where i heard this from, but it's been in my head for a long time... can anyone elaborate/comment? shoes, definitedly PH did for CDG before...
              Last edited by surver; 12-27-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• spiral jetty
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by surver View Post

regarding the PH/CDG connection, i remember from somewhere that PH was actually the one instrumental to CDG's boiled wool jackets which 'began' in the early/mid nineties? can't remember where i heard this from, but it's been in my head for a long time... can anyone elaborate/comment? shoes, definitedly PH did for CDG before...
                hny to ya all! yes, would be great if someone here could post images of the early cdg/ph connection. that's something i have come across several times before but actually ever failed to fact check. should be also nice to sort out exactly when in ph's history "handmade in england" replaced "... scotland". anyone informed about that?

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by spiral jetty View Post
                  hny to ya all! yes, would be great if someone here could post images of the early cdg/ph connection. that's something i have come across several times before but actually ever failed to fact check. should be also nice to sort out exactly when in ph's history "handmade in england" replaced "... scotland". anyone informed about that?
                  There is very little handwork (on the jackets) anyway so the statement is pure marketing. I like PH jackets but they look like they were put together by a drunk monkey; I've seen better stitched stuff at H&M. The cut and choice of fabric are stellar though...

BTW AFAIK:

Paul: shoes
                  his wife: the clothing

which I guess makes me quite a fan of Paul Harnden's wife designs.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• spiral jetty
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

Paul: shoes
                    his wife: the clothing

which I guess makes me quite a fan of Paul Harnden's wife designs.
                    left beside the drunk monkey 's handywork which i still appreciate as far as (imo) it suits pretty well the cutting edge 'failure' of the designs/cuts/all over appearance of ph's cloths these could be nice insights for the authorship threat - questioning who the actual genius behind a design and/or artistic concept and/or brand is. and in which way that matters - if so.
                    Last edited by spiral jetty; 01-12-2011, 07:24 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• danman
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2010

This is a classic short right?

Damn the sizing is small.. Thats great.. Means you can get it loose fitting and still have it fit slim at the shoulders and chest.. I'd imagine Id be a large or xl..

Comment

• danman
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2010

sorry could be a long .. 32" length with 15.5" shoulder is probably a long

I imagine the cottons are less expensive then the wools.. Anyone know what a classic short in wool goes for ? 2k? 3k?

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by danman View Post
                          http://www.inanyc.com/collections/me...-cotton-blazer

This is a classic short right?

Damn the sizing is small.. Thats great.. Means you can get it loose fitting and still have it fit slim at the shoulders and chest.. I'd imagine Id be a large or xl..
                          This sold the same day it was put up for sale, months and months ago. Guess they haven't edited the site, because it's still listed for sale. You'll see if you try to add it to your cart.

Comment

• danman
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2010

yea Mike.. I saw it was gone when I checked it out.. Hey I'd hate to talk cost since it seems it's not a concern for most of you here but may I ask what you payed for your classic Long in wool.

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

PH blazers can cost anywhere from Eur1000-1300 (or about $1800ish)...
                              there isn't much variation in cost between the wools, cottons, linens or leathers that he uses for summer or winter blazers....
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Saw the new season at L'Eclaireur, and damn, the new silvery gray linen/wool is gorgeous. But no long jackets yet, so none for me.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎