Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Harnden

Saw a really beautiful long black wool coat at If. Not sure if it was from the current season, but it's definitely on my hitlist. Does If ever put his stuff on sale? (wishful thinking).

Quote Originally Posted by modern77 View Post
    Saw a really beautiful long black wool coat at If. Not sure if it was from the current season, but it's definitely on my hitlist. Does If ever put his stuff on sale? (wishful thinking).
    Yes they are from current season. Which one did you like, single or dbl breasted?

They usually don't.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Faust I believe it was the single breasted coat. Don't remember seeing the double breasted one. What was your opinion of the two? Shame his stuff doesn't go on sale though.

Faust I believe it was the single breasted coat. Don't remember seeing the double breasted one. What was your opinion of the two? Shame his stuff doesn't go on sale though.
    The question came from Tiger. Personally, I am ambivalent about PH. I like the whole artisanal thing in theory, but I can't get past 1) peasant chic is not really my style 2) you ARE essentially paying obscene prices for something the lowest classes (said without disdain) wore, because they could only afford the cheapest cloth.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hasty reading. Let me redirect the question back to Tiger. What is your opinion of the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The question came from Tiger. Personally, I am ambivalent about PH. I like the whole artisanal thing in theory, but I can't get past 1) peasant chic is not really my style 2) you ARE essentially paying obscene prices for something the lowest classes (said without disdain) wore, because they could only afford the cheapest cloth.
    Your points make complete sense, considering what his whole aesthetic is supposedly about.. paying huge amounts of money to live/wear a almost civil war/hobbit style outfits does seem a little silly.. all his fabrics are sourced from small nearly defunct mills around the uk, which in the past were more associated with producing fabrics for a more proletarian class of people.. this does make me feel a bit of a fool for wanting to spend the money on such items, but this is part of the reason for being on this forum, being that this is the way in which fashion has become.. we are constantly having to refer to the past to satisfy our needs... regardless of price etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you are absolutely right. The methods of production have changed. As Fuuma once said, 80 years ago a refrigerator was a luxury and a custom made suit was inexpensive. Now it's the other way around.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

that wool/tweed jacket in both single and double breast is awesome. thus far i've only flirted with ph but am feeling the temptation to take things one step further.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    that wool/tweed jacket in both single and double breast is awesome. thus far i've only flirted with ph but am feeling the temptation to take things one step further.
    I'll be seeing you at the annual Gettysburg reenactment son!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    I'll be seeing you at the annual Gettysburg reenactment son!

I emailed pollyanna to ask about paul harnden for the season and usually they are really quick to reply with pictures. However, its been a few weeks and i havent heard back so i guess its all true.

Is the Paul Harnden Double Breasted Jacket at IF similar to this one?

Or is it more of a full length coat?

May have to give IF a call... do they ship outside the US?

No, they don't, Monty. But I do and I have a good relationship with them, so let me know if you need help. They definitely have a few short jackets at least similar to the one you posted.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

can anyone please advice where i can find PH in new york city? thanks in advance

Hobbits-R-Us aka IF Boutique on Grand St. They have PH and a sale, though I'm not sure if the PH is on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by surver View Post
    can anyone please advice where i can find PH in new york city? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Edge View Post
    Hobbits-R-Us aka IF Boutique on Grand St. They have PH and a sale, though I'm not sure if the PH is on sale.
    PH is not on sale. IF is a great store, don't knock it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    PH is not on sale. IF is a great store, don't knock it.
    Hah, no knock on IF. The sarcastic knock was on PH aka Hobbit style clothing (some of which i also like)

/\ LOL, I thought that could be it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Default PH

I heard from Pollyanna there was some argument going on about internet sales so they were refused his clothes. PH also stopped Song from posting pics for similar reasons. Strange happenings all mean there's nowhere/no way to get his stuff in the UK. Which I'm gutted about.

Anyone got anything in size 48? Or shoe size US 10?

Quote Originally Posted by nellytheelephant View Post
    I heard from Pollyanna there was some argument going on about internet sales so they were refused his clothes. PH also stopped Song from posting pics for similar reasons. Strange happenings all mean there's nowhere/no way to get his stuff in the UK. Which I'm gutted about.

Anyone got anything in size 48? Or shoe size US 10?
    PM me if interested. They might be a bit big though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine