Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1625

Thread: Paul Harnden

i think mike looks good in it. just sayin
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Tweed blazer on, drinking some pimms...watching the young female cousin you've had a wetdream about a few times play croquet on the well groomed lawn. Your father with his rifle cocked over his shoulder fingering the african maid up against the hedge,

few pimms later making your way to the hog roast under the gazebo, the jester doing his usual antics trips by mistake and falls into you, you land awkwardly on the lawn...elbows grass stained

sticky fingered daddy "no worries son we shall have the tailor apply elbow patches on thy monday of the week commencing the week next"

PH UNIVERSE COPYRIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    its a number of pieces from over a slice of 20-30 years in the 19th century, occasionally reworked and matched together to evoke a very specific kind of nostalgia. the stuff the patterns are culled from is absolutely historical. but, okay.
    I disagree, for example the pattern and construction on his cropped pants are worth noting here. I have three pairs, in three different materials, each with a uniquely different pattern and fit in terms of volume and feel.

I agree with Mike/BSR, his references come from his own personal reflection of the past, he isn't attempting to recreate a specific period or era. Only piece together and blur snapshots of the past, the way he sees it. I don't see the blatant copying.

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    harnden is fine. all i ever said was you look silly in it, and that his work has become fetishised here (much like many things before it, some of which i like..) for reasons to do with fashion at times seemingly more than style. it does not require of you to rush to PH's aid as though the man himself was being, spartacus-like, impaled upon the roman lances.
    I really do believe that the festishising (like most things that are on SZ) is warranted. Whether it be the fit and feel of his blazers, or the unique look, volume and construction of his pants..there's nothing really like it. The fact that it has to be purchased in person (not on the internet) is also testament to its greatness. It appeals to the conservative dressers on here, just as much as the crazies (myself included). Eastern Market more recent tumblr posts really highlight the possibilities with PH. Above all, PH is fun to wear

edit - marco-von the fruity-ist of pimms no doubt

from
    "Their Time, Their Place. COOL OLD MEN" Special Edition
    High Fashion_February 2006, No.307

from
    "BOHEMIAN SPIRITS" Proposal Special Edition 1
    Men's Non-No G_Special Issue Autumn 2002

Default "Pattern Mill" DVD

super8mm, 9mins, 2011 UK, Paul Harnden & Stuart Pitkin

Video

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
    SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

nice, just got mine in the mail too

what he mentioned in the little interview at the showroom for his third apparel season is that he had never been interested in any fashion or cultural movements other kids around him were once into, except CdG.
    he cited rei kawakubo as the only influence of contemporary fashion on him, and said he was still a big fan of her.
    which may be a bit like the correlation between joao gilberto and chet baker,
    historical background references meet contemporary influence from another world/context with another background, like samba west coast cool jazz = a sense of saudade (instead of just old) that is bossa,
    especially when not only a few signature ph numbers but other things are paid attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by surver View Post
    from
    "Their Time, Their Place. COOL OLD MEN" Special Edition
    High Fashion_February 2006, No.307

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6096/...7169e3d3_b.jpg
    This is the best way to wear Harnden. Relaxed almost with no thought, but very distinguished(old).

though I don't seem to get you perfectly merz, anyway I didn't suggest you you are unfamiliar. and don't have any distaste for you from me at least. I'd like to listen to what you say. also didn't try anything defensive.
    meant to introduce the third factor to think about in any discussion on ph.
    to be honest, when I saw his first jacket, I wondered if it's CdG (rather than historical reference) since the fabric was crumpled/worn-out plaid thick even if those features were not her inventions. that was my very first impression.

why wasnt my comment posted?

cause it was fucking stupid.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

newspaper as midlayer is a bit visible from the frayed edge.
    it gets somewhat readable if you walk in the rain.

Please don't ban him. Can we keep him? Please please please...
    It's only R'n'R but I like it ^^

It doesn't look like he'll keep posting. What's the point anyway? All he had to do was to express his enthusiasm to be called stupid and retarded.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

At least, the guy offered me a great signature ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Some behind the scenes photos from the Inventory shoot.

http://www.inventorymagazine.com/upd...-scenes-3.html

a couple women's pieces, all aw11. pics from Envoy of Belfast's blog.

^ That jacket and fabric combination look great. The neck region almost reminds me of something similar to Undercover Guru Guru. I wonder if mens will carry this same fabric?

S/S '12 in at DSM.

A small and somewhat underwhelming selection IMO.

light grey and blue black blazers in a summer weight cotton herringbone, matching belted pants. A couple of hats. More coming in the next couple of weeks but nothing i was interested in buying
    A pair of white and tan mix leather derbies and a pair of petrol blue derbies from last season were the only footwear pieces.

For me, the winter collections win hands down
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...