Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Nice stuff S. I was thinking about the cement blazer for myself...

Hearing this season the jackets are coming up small so best to size up. Is that what poeple are finding?

Will be interesting to see the new double breasted blazer that is coming into a few select stores as a second delivery.....
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post

Hearing this season the jackets are coming up small so best to size up. Is that what poeple are finding?
      mmm... i think it's rather the opposite, all the long blazers i tried last week were too big on me in size small...
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Well the long blazer I tried on today fit pretty well and it was Medium, where as the one that I already own is size Large. I got the unlined blazer in Large, and my pocket blazer is also Large.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

L'E finally got the long blazers in? Which fabric?

With PH sizing is all over the place - I wouldn't risk an Internet purchase. I tried on a blazer at L'E in Large and it fit spot on. My long coat is M and it fits spot on.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

I believe wool "cement". I always check to see what the color is called and then I forget to check the composition. I think an internet purchase is ok if you know exactly what you're purchasing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Great jacket fabric shots seenmy. Is the second button's leather backing stitched off center though?
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Well, yeah - I meant I wouldn't buy if I did not try it on before (which is what happened with my PH). What does this cement color look like in pedestrian terms - gray?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• seenmy
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  Great jacket fabric shots seenmy. Is the second button's leather backing stitched off center though?
                  yeah they are stitched all over the place

faust I would say cement is a browny grey,its deffinatly not a cold grey

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                    yeah they are stitched all over the place

faust I would say cement is a browny grey,its deffinatly not a cold grey
                    Yikes. Some quality control is needed!

I'm curious about this new jacket style as well... guess I will have to wait until the order at IF hits the racks to hopefully at least get a glimpse!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

all of my leather tabs are stitched like that.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

thanks, seenmy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          Yikes. Some quality control is needed
                          I find stuff like this very disappointing, it feels like the designer doesn't care.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                            • Aug 2008

I don't think that's the intention. I think it's more to convey the hand-made, "imperfect" quality of the clothes. I haven't handled much harnden (although some) but I can say that all I've come across has been excellent quality. I really like his choice of rumpled fabrics and I think the whole "peasant" vibe he has going pretty unique to him.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                              I don't think that's the intention. I think it's more to convey the hand-made, "imperfect" quality of the clothes. I haven't handled much harnden (although some) but I can say that all I've come across has been excellent quality. I really like his choice of rumpled fabrics and I think the whole "peasant" vibe he has going pretty unique to him.
                              I don't agree, but whether I like what he's doing or not is not important. In my opinion, conveying the "imperfect" qualities of clothing by essentially doing things wrong can be very superfluous and kitsch, because it all goes down to unnecessarily making a piece of clothing not as good in terms of quality in order to make a statement. For what it's worth, I don't think he wanted to convey anything like that; the person who stitched that button was either drunk or didn't bother fixing a simple mistake.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                                I don't agree, but whether I like what he's doing or not is not important. In my opinion, conveying the "imperfect" qualities of clothing by essentially doing things wrong can be very superfluous and kitsch, because it all goes down to unnecessarily making a piece of clothing not as good in terms of quality in order to make a statement. For what it's worth, I don't think he wanted to convey anything like that; the person who stitched that button was either drunk or didn't bother fixing a simple mistake.
                                can be <> is

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎