Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Last year or last season? I don't remember a black-black tweed.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

it was the fw2010 tweed. it was black but with a slightly washed effect almost denim-like. i had both the long and new blazer in that fabric. pretty sure bsr had the long blazer in it. a bunch of people had it. you had a piece in that same fabric but yours was the lighter tone.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Wasn't that just "dirt"?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I have it. Yummy. My one and only Harnden, no matter what Nouveau says!

Mike, dirt was the brownish one. Black was really dark gray.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

but was there really one in black black tweed? Heavy, thick and rough to the touch.
            The long blazer BSR had was grey, brown, green but not black at all and the short blazer I had was much lighter and the colour was burnt black and the fabric was not the heavy tweed.
            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Whatever it is, I want it.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                Whatever it is, I want it.

Thats the spirit!
                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

I'm more looking forward to the heavy stiff waxed olive cotton for winter.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

damn... I kinda want it... but like you say Q, the exchange rate is so brutal right now that it's crazy priced.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• comex9
                      • Jan 2009

what's the quintessential ph jacket

Just wanted everyone's opinion, if they liked his normal classic or pocket length jacket/blazer or his classic long coat as the quintessential ph piece... I like longer jackets in his style, but that's me, with a short torso and long legs, lol.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

I prefer the pocket blazer because I hate the vents on the classic men's blazer. The vents on the long blazer don't bother me as much. Also love the unlined blazer from last season for the same reason.

Comment

• docintheory
                          • May 2008

I personally prefer the long blazer, I sort of use it as an overcoat and I think the length works for my height that it seems versatile. The artist's jacket I have as well has a perfect length. But I think it depends upon your body type as well of course. I don't mind the vents so much.

I approach essentialism of Paul Harnden through the fabrics more than anything. I think a standard black wool (or hopscotch, black tweed) is simply a quintessential piece provided that the sizing allows you layer underneath, or just a t-shirt.

Never had a chance to try the pockets blazer or the new style.

A bit of confusion for me - does the classic blazer equate to the short blazer? I am not sure if the these two styles are mutually exclusive or the same thing.

Comment

• dmash
                            • Jun 2011

^52cm pit to pit and 44cm shoulder to shoulder........that's like a current L-XL right. They show a close-up and the tag does say XS, is PH sizing seriously THAT crazy?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

This must be an old piece, before Harnden realized that Japan is his biggest market (about 2 years ago).
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Japan and SZ...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎