• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I stand corrected!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
      A bit of confusion for me - does the classic blazer equate to the short blazer? I am not sure if the these two styles are mutually exclusive or the same thing.
      I did a whole review of the blazers a while back in this thread. In the short style you have the classic blazer and the pocket blazer. Difference is the body is a touch shorter on the pocket blazer, and the bottoms of the pockets hang down past the hem.
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

So, did prices go up 30% across the board or are we just fucked because of the weak $?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

Prices went up...a blazer was around 1100€ before and is now around 1350€...here in NY around 1500€ including tax...copped two pieces at IF...couldn't resist...
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• gavagai
            • May 2010

These prices are insane. I guess after a couple more seasons and the same iterations people will be asking why the same blazer cost $2,000 (See Amadei thread)...

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Granted the price hasn't really changed in the last 10 years...

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

It's only his old prices;)
                He used to wholesale in pound and just adapted to the fact that it got weaker an weaker...anyway, everything gets more expensive, werkstatt München had to raise prices due to the high rising silver price, all the watch brands increase prices once a year at least...but who am I to defend them...I want it cheaper too;)))

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                These prices are insane. I guess after a couple more seasons and the same iterations people will be asking why the same blazer cost $2,000 (See Amadei thread)...
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  Granted the price hasn't really changed in the last 10 years...
                  it's almost as if there's some hype involved
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    Truth in bold.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      Funny how many of the same people hyping the PH are the ones clearing their used garments here and on ebay for nearly what they paid for them in retail originally.

Foreign-constructed garments with a steady seasonal demand and continually increasing prices are almost as good an investment as securities in foreign currencies these days...
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• crouka
                        • Jul 2007

his linen blazer from the first apparel season was about 110000 yen. (the clothing line project was originally done in collaboration with the japanese company who was distributing veronique branquinho etc in those days, if I remember rightly )
                        his classic shoes had been around 70000, the boots 80000, in the mid 90's when his mens footwear started to be available over here, lined with purple.
                        on the whole the prices has been on the rise regardless of so-called "hype".
                        even when it was not selling well and you could have bought the blazers on sale,
                        the prices had been going up little by little.
                        but yes I want the prices to have the ceiling.
                        Last edited by crouka; 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

the recent spike in interest in harnden surely has a lot to do with the sizing changes he made last year. prior to that many of his pieces in the smallest size were too big for me and i'm a big guy. now that his sizing is more or less compatible with that of other designers a much larger range of individuals can actually fit into/experience his clothes and the garments themselves fit more flatteringly than ever. other than that harnden has quietly, modestly thumbed his nose at every fashion trend without any grandstanding or posturing. and his pieces are good for a lifetime. if that's not enough to get someone excited what is?
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

I certainly didn't mean to intimate the hype is unjustified; its just interesting when given price increases and currency deterioration lead one to be able to sell used garments for more than they purchased them for (as I have done recently with a number of items). It quite literally makes them an investment that yields returns during ownership (damn this PH blazer looks sick and that cute girl at the bar last night thought so too) as well as upon final sale...
                            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                              It quite literally makes them an investment that yields returns during ownership (damn this PH blazer looks sick and the other guys on sz thought so too) as well as upon final sale...
                              fixed
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Where do we draw a distinction between hype and praise? It seems like to the bitter guys like DRRKK any praise is hype.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎