X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pumpfish
    • Sep 2010

HDG,

Well done, fella. A breakthrough for your excellent photo journalism.

Now waiting for your CCP photo. Extra points if you get him riding on stuffed Mr Ed, with Martin Margiela as a stable-boy.
    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• hommedeguerre
      • Jun 2009

I tried when I was in Milano last week...trust me. However, Simone told me explicitly that there was no chance I could meet the man. One of my friends told me which market he goes to...but I'm not a stalker. At least not that much of a stalker Maybe he would have let me take his photo as I looked naive in my photography getup: Acne black jeans, AA T Shirt, OV Sneakers. Not looking like a fan.
      Le 21ème

Comment

• lazyguru
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
        But I guess being nice hasn't got me anywhere.
        look at the bright side , You got Kanye

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
          he is the same generation like Kurt from KH...for them internet and everything which goes with it is a nightmare...hahaha, anyway, nice shot
          Coincidentally I just saw both of them together tonight!

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by merz

every bit i hear about this guy makes me love him just a little more, even if i don't care for his clothes.
            He definitely seems like he's is everything you want/imagine him to be. Though I thought you said you did like the clothes (legitimately not trying to start an argument here(!), just recalling)

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                look at the bright side , You got Kanye
                Oh yeah, a real pillar. I'll have to "highlight" the Kanye post on my FB timeline and mark it as a life achievement.
                Le 21ème

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by merz

every bit i hear about this guy makes me love him just a little more, even if i don't care for his clothes.
                  not sure he's so unhappy to be a hype icon, he has been able to raise his prices by 30% in 2 years. and it does probably not reflect an similar increase in the production / fabrics costs...
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Grumpy but wealthy...better than grumpy but poor...
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                      not sure he's so unhappy to be a hype icon, he has been able to raise his prices by 30% in 2 years. and it does probably not reflect an similar increase in the production / fabrics costs...
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again, considering that he hasn't raised prices in about 5 years prior while everyone did, dramatically, his jackets were becoming positively a bargain at 1k EUR.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                        Completely understand that. But there are ways of saying it. I didn't know who he was when I asked him, having never seen him before. I just though he was the most outstandingly dressed person I'd seen all day. He swatted me away and said "what? no!" then my mate asked him for a photo about 10 feet away having no knowledge of who he was, and he told him to "fuck off." I'm more into the "no thank you" approach. But I guess being nice hasn't got me anywhere.
                        If I understand properly the situation, the guy asked you not to take a picture of him, you waited that he turned his back, you took the picture nevertheless and you posted it on the interwebz. You're a great guy, you know.
                        Actually I wish that you had met CCP, so a special order made out HdG leather would have been possible.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, considering that he hasn't raised prices in about 5 years prior while everyone did, dramatically, his jackets were becoming positively a bargain at 1k EUR.
                          His jackets were €1100 or so, hardly a bargain by any means.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            he is the same generation like Kurt from KH...for them internet and everything which goes with it is a nightmare...hahaha, anyway, nice shot
                            lol reversely ud think a band of sooty english serf's would empathize more with beggars on the street.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

I wasn't going to, Christian, however, Mike and Vas made it clear that this was likely a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm polite, but I'm not stupid. But again, that's just my opinion. I'm sure others feel otherwise.
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

The picture is indeed very nice in itself (and it's funny to see it here after V. showed it to me on his iphone), but i'm a bit concerned with the notion of 'lifetime opportunity' here. What do you mean by that?
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎