X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nellytheelephant
    • Mar 2008

How to get the creases in?

Any clues how I get the creases back into a harnden shirt ironed to death by a dry cleaners? Tried a few different washes and crumple drying and starching in a bag to no avail. The harnden sheen and creases seem gone forever. Advice much appreciated.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

i actually think i would try what the guy just above you did.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• nellytheelephant
        • Mar 2008

I pretty much did except I used a drying cupboard instead of sunlight and skipped the rolling around leaves of course - but perhaps thats the crucial step...
        Last edited by nellytheelephant; 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
          • Mar 2008

I've got a lovely suede Harnden sample mac I wanted to share with you fans for ogling purposes but cannot as I'm not allowed to upload pics. Please someone let me know how I can post pics or volunteer to post on my behalf. Thanks.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

use any photo hosting service to upload them. imgur, imageshack, photobucket....
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nellytheelephant
              • Mar 2008

Here you go...

(If this belongs in the archive section let me know and I'll delete it from here and move it there).

Sorry for the shit pics but it's night here and my good camera is out of battery.

It's old and a sample. A deep olive green and the heaviest Harnden coat I've ever handled - so much so it would sink you if you ever fell into water.

Makes me wonder if we'll ever see a chamois mac. Now that would be something.

Would be great to see other peoples samples/rare pieces if they care to post them...

Comment

• lazyguru
                • Jun 2008

I came across a jacket with a thick cotton tag VS the fine silkish one Iam used to seeing , when did he change the tags & does that denote any change in shape style cut or fabric weight ?
                Curious

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                  • Mar 2008

have you got a picture?

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

the change in tag corresponds with the change in cut and sizing. the cotton tags are older and the silky ones are newer. i'm not sure the exact date when this happened.

i have both styles and some will say the newer ones fit slimmer, but in my experience i just wear a different size. in the cotton tag ones i am a large. in the silky tag ones i am an xxl. no difference in quality and the fit is nearly the same.
                    Last edited by cjbreed; 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• flwlessvctry
                      • Jul 2011

@ homme de guerre, thats awful maybe it'll be a different story next time, he actually just held one of his installations @ if soho it is actually still going on through november 27th and though the two art pieces have already sold i would still highly recommend checking it out to everyone.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by flwlessvctry View Post
                        @ homme de guerre, thats awful maybe it'll be a different story next time, he actually just held one of his installations @ if soho it is actually still going on through november 27th and though the two art pieces have already sold i would still highly recommend checking it out to everyone.
                        This is the first I've heard of this! Anyone else get a chance to visit? What were the art pieces presented?
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

it's just two oversized harnden pictures (30x40 or 40x60) suspended on steel cable by the window. one is of the the two bonneted women, and the other i can't remember.

they are kind of in the way of the merchandise to be honest..lol

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

same one's that were at DSM

Comment

• coup de grace
                              x
                              • Sep 2006

this shitty instagram photo i took doesn't actually help, but i spent the time to dig it up, so here:

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎