X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Reminds me of my bread box:

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Idk if the label has been mentioned before, but I’v recently come across RESTART MILANO and love how their design lies in the middle between classic/antique/warm and modern/sleek/cold.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mk85
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Vincent Van Duysen pottery

These look great - is he Dutch or Belgian? The walnut vs. the ceramic looks amazing!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

He is a Belgian architect.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mk85
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            He is a Belgian architect.
            Thanks! Looking at his architectural work now, I can totally see the similarities between his spaces and these beautiful products.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

I am looking for a floor lighting, preferably black in colour and of slim shape (ie no huge lampshade). Any hints for somebody on a budget but not interested in an all-ikea appartment anymore?
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                I am looking for a floor lighting, preferably black in colour and of slim shape (ie no huge lampshade). Any hints for somebody on a budget but not interested in an all-ikea appartment anymore?
                Lumina Daphine - search this thread (oops, the search is broken, isn't it...). That's what I, Rick, and Vincent Van Duysen have in our homes ;). They aren't cheap, but not super expensive either.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PenguinBlubber
                  • Mar 2016

So living in NC has just a few perks so far, and one of them is discovering haand pottery. Some of the colors are a little blech, but when they do their matte glazes in neutral colors, it is some of the most beautiful dinnerware I've ever seen. Everything is these very organic shapes that allow you to plate food in many different ways (something circle or rectangular plates don't allow). But each piece still follows the same pattern, so it doesn't look like a hodgepodge of artsy-craftsy junk (which I see all over the south). Here are a few examples of the shapes they use:

And when it is in their matte grey, It is gorgeous. Here is an example from a restaurant that uses their pottery:

I might have to finally get rid of my ikea stuff and splurge on this.
                  Last edited by PenguinBlubber; 12-11-2016, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Any more pics, pieces look great. I have a mismatched set (by design) right now and some of the pieces are just rural-style artisan pottery and look lovely paired with more modern pieces.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• khiev
                      • Nov 2006

Perhaps Kamada Koji? Wonderful pottery artist specializing in tenmoku.

Comment

• PenguinBlubber
                        • Mar 2016

Fuuma,
                        Here is their website: http://haand.us/

Better picks are under their hospitality section.

I would love to see your mix-matched dishware. I am always curious about how mixed place settings would look. The only time I've seen it done in-person is at some restaurants where they mix in a highly affected way.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by khiev View Post
                          Perhaps Kamada Koji? Wonderful pottery artist specializing in tenmoku.

Looks really great, unless I am mistaken I saw one of his teapots "in the flesh" very recently.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Vincenzo is amazing. Everyone interested in interior design should read this.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

So does anyone know where to get a nice looking tray?
                              I was thinking of something simple, preferably with handles (but that’s not a must). The perfect one would have a finish like the Mad-et-len candles have, but I’m open for suggestions of all kinds.
                              Just something to hold two glasses and maybe a small plate as well.
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎