• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

So, as I was sitting yesterday in my living room, I realised that I want to buy a chaise-lounge. I want to put it by the window and use it mostly for reading. I am not sure where to start looking. I don&#39;t really want those modernist pieces a-la le corbusier - I don&#39;t really like leather furniture in general. </p>

I kind of like this one from Ligne Roset, but it&#39;s quite expensive, of course.</p>

Sorry for the small picture.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • battles
    • Oct 2006

Re: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

faust, design-wise, the chair looks a bit dull to me though i&#39;m sure it makes a comfortable seat.
    as my new place too needs to be properlyfurnished, i&#39;d settle something that has bothpracticality and design...
    for now i&#39;m liking this &quot;praline noir&quot;easy chair recliner, whichismade with 28 pillows, each with a different fabric.
    unfortunately this has yet to go into production as it is just a student&#39;s master degree project.</p>

</p>

praline noir by fredrik kjellgren
    credit: http://www.hdk.gu.se/</p>

Comment

• designersheep
      • Oct 2006

This site has some interesting stuff (and some ugly ones too :)

It&#39;s a blog-likesite called MOCOLOCO:Modern Contemporary Design, and I used to visit them often to get some ideas on interior lightings, but haven&#39;t looked much at their featured furnitures. Praline Noir mentioned above is also featured there.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

[quote user=&quot;battles&quot;]

faust, design-wise, the chair looks a bit dull to me though i&#39;m sure it makes a comfortable seat.
        as my new place too needs to be properlyfurnished, i&#39;d settle something that has bothpracticality and design...
        for now i&#39;m liking this &quot;praline noir&quot;easy chair recliner, whichismade with 28 pillows, each with a different fabric.
        unfortunately this has yet to go into production as it is just a student&#39;s master degree project.</p>

</p>

praline noir by fredrik kjellgren
        credit: http://www.hdk.gu.se/</p>[/quote]

That&#39;s the sort of thing I would design my entire house around if I could.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

that&#39;s a great piece!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I think I might get this. It&#39;s a clock, but you can rearrange individual digits, lol.</p>

</p>

http://www.gnr8.biz/product_info.php?products_id=274</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Faust, that&#39;s great! My boyfriend loves stuff like that....a good christmas present maybe.</p>

We ordered this chair--arriving on Thursday. I never thought I would go for cowhide, but it&#39;s so cute in real life. And it&#39;s quite small, so it fits nicely into the new pad.</p>

</p>
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Spike
                • Nov 2006

I&#39;ve been craving one of these since I sat on one in the lobby of a very large corporation...<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div></div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>The Barcelona Chair</div>

Comment

• Spike
                  • Nov 2006

<div>(ack, double post!)</div>

Comment

• gunpwdr
                    • Oct 2006

Spike,</p>

The Barcelona chair really is a classic. I have a vintage one in storage... waiting for the right room (it&#39;s upholstered in a caramel color).</p>

If you&#39;d consider more affordable options, there are a lot of replicas out there, and I&#39;m fairly certain that the ones in the link below are high quality ones.</p>

http://www.beyonddesigners.com/index2.php?modulo=product&amp;product=41</p>

I&#39;m trying to convince the wife that we need a pair in candy apple green.</p>

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I like the barcelona chair, heres a similar one I like by a local designer:</p>

</p>
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ I like this better than the Barcelona, actually. [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

its by a guy called Harri Koskinen, for a company called woodnotes.</p>

</p>
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

what are your thoughts on baroque/rococo (hate that word) furniture on carpet (not a rug)? i am trying to convince myself it will work but i can't. ]:

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;mass&quot;]what are your thoughts on baroque/rococo (hate that word) furniture on carpet (not a rug)? i am trying to convince myself it will work but i can&#39;t. ]:[/quote]</p>

it might work, depending on the pieces and colors. i have contemporary (not to be confused with modern) furniture in my apt, and a louis XIV chair frown in, and looks awesome. I have parguet floors though (hate carpet).
                              </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎