Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

Default Re: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

Im in love with that black chair...with the cubed liek design.</p>

If i sat on it i would feel like an evil genius and everyone shall be my pawns and obey my every whim...</p>

just like Mufasa from the lion king. Dont you guys love that movie!!</p>

i'm in love with the maarten baas smoke chair, though not for 4500$.

I'll happily admit to being a complete interior newbie, but I want to learn. What sites and books should I check out to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible?

[quote user="interman"]I'll happily admit to being a complete interior newbie, but I want to learn. What sites and books should I check out to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible?
    [/quote]</p>

I can recommend Frame magazine, I think it's the best pop magazine for architecture/interior design. I.D. is also good (not to be confused with i-D) - it's a trade oriented magazine, but with a pop content. I like Wallpaper too, they are good at highlighting both architecture and interior design. I think in general non-US magazine do a better job, even mainstreamers like Australian and British Elle decore (yea, Elle!). As far as websites, hmm, I don't remember - I have a few bookmarked at work, I'll post later.
    </p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Just bought an eames rocker in "Elephant" from SCP in london. These are not the officially licenced products, which Vitra now make, but look much nicer since they are made from fibreglass, like the original,rather than the solid plastic Vitra uses. Getting delivered on Thursday. Excited.....</P>

My next wish is for a Finn Johl 45 chair. Bit more pricey unfortunately.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Finn Juhl, I meant.....

[quote user="Johnny"]

Just bought an eames rocker in "Elephant" from SCP in london. These are not the officially licenced products, which Vitra now make, but look much nicer since they are made from fibreglass, like the original,rather than the solid plastic Vitra uses. Getting delivered on Thursday. Excited.....</p>

My next wish is for a Finn Johl 45 chair. Bit more pricey unfortunately.</p>
    <p mce_keep="true"></p>

[/quote]</p>

Cool. Where are you putting it? I need some updated pictures of your place. It's lovely.</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Finn Juhl's 45 is a wonderful chair. I also like the Chieftan Chair he designed (great sculptural armrests and my grandfather used to own it!)

I really like Castiglioni, I see a lot of his influence in the work of Droog Design. Very playful, but there is a logic and clarity to the design that is fantastic.

ready made stool that he is probably best known for:

suspension lamp: 60 bulbs...

ceiling light: using a car headlight
    </p>

bookshelf: each shelf can be rotated around the center pole

</p>

</p>

Love that ceiling light!</P>

Faust the chair is going in the bedroom I think, not sure yet. Will try to get pics soon. Work is shit, too busy etc etc.</P>

I too have always wanted this Eames chair<DIV></DIV><DIV>and this table as well.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Faust- I like this one from DWR. Nice, simple, and looks comfy.</DIV><DIV></DIV>
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

me tooo me toooo! i loved the whole where there's smoke collection... the chair is just beautiful.

maarten baas' candelabra (pretty nice!):</p>

</p>

Is anyone familiar with Ruprecht Holsten? http://www.ruprecht-holsten.de From what I gather he is an award-winning traditional iron worker, makes furniture and small objects, I think some of his bowls are very nice:
    (solid iron)

</p>

hey faust,</p>

i never knew u guys had a design section in the forum. i'm a furniture and products designer. i've worked with "the apartment" droog design, do create, snowcrash, kasimir, and a slew of others.</p>

i'll be in sweden to pick up some beautiful pieces. i've attached a link of some of them. please let me know if you should need any help with sourcing pieces.</p>

</p>

hope all is well..</p>

</p>

http://www.esnips.com/web/blaackforest-furniture/
    </p>

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

I just ordered one of my all time favorite pieces of furniture :)</P>

Eames DSW</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

one item I've been wanting to get for a while is this artemide light:</P>

</P>
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

I'm liking some of the black pieces I'm seeing from Maarten Bass, anyone have any more information on him?</p>

Some Rick Owen's furniture I just remembered from JC Report:</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

hi, this is my first post on this thread and i was wondering if anybody could assist me with some information on this bathtub. i have been working on a similar bathtub for the past three months but i am not even close to finishing. i was wondering if anybody knew where i can purchase one for a lesser price. the pictured bathtub cost $3300. its so hard constructing it. itll probably take a year and i really dont have the time. its a birthday present for my sister. if i can find one similar for a lesser price i will probably just purchase it because my sisters birthday is coming up quickly. thanx. </P>

</P>

[quote user="blackforest"]

hey faust,</p>

i never knew u guys had a design section in the forum. i'm a furniture and products designer. i've worked with "the apartment" droog design, do create, snowcrash, kasimir, and a slew of others.</p>

i'll be in sweden to pick up some beautiful pieces. i've attached a link of some of them. please let me know if you should need any help with sourcing pieces.</p>

</p>

hope all is well..</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

"the apartment" being ben kelly?

no. i think his place is called the apt. the apartment is on crosby street. www.theapartment.com

[quote user="blackforest"]

hey faust,</p>

</p>

hope all is well..</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Hey blackforest. That's extra-cool. I wish my interior design would rival my fashion knowledge, so I'd definitely be interested about your opinions on things. </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine