• Nov 2006

Re: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

[img][/img]</p>

Art Deco cream leather armchair</p>

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

dare i ask for pictures? yeah... i dunno i don't mind carpet too much (i'd prefer concrete), but i never realized how restricted it is. the place i'm moving into is carpeted. i have no furniture, but i will probably end up saving for a year to get an lc2 and it will be the only piece of furniture i will have heh.

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user=&quot;mass&quot;]what are your thoughts on baroque/rococo (hate that word) furniture on carpet (not a rug)? i am trying to convince myself it will work but i can&#39;t. ]:[/quote]</p>

it might work, depending on the pieces and colors. i have contemporary (not to be confused with modern) furniture in my apt, and a louis XIV chair frown in, and looks awesome. I have parguet floors though (hate carpet).
      </p>[/quote]

Comment

• nairb49
        • Dec 2006

Argh, that barcelona chair along with the eames chair have been on my wishlist for years.....</p>

</p>

unfortunately, dorm rooms and small apartments (not to mention cashflow) have been severely limiting factors.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

</p>

the Eames chair has beena wish of mine too for several years, just something about it I love.. I ended up getting another big wood framed chair instead a year or so ago, I&#39;ll need to grab some pics of it.</p>
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nairb49
            • Dec 2006

please do, that whole era is special

Comment

• Chessy Wiz
              • Dec 2006

Im in love with that black chair...with the cubed liek design.</p>

If i sat on it i would feel like an evil genius and everyone shall be my pawns and obey my every whim...</p>

just like Mufasa from the lion king. Dont you guys love that movie!!</p>

Comment

• mass
                • Sep 2006

i'm in love with the maarten baas smoke chair, though not for 4500$.

Comment

• interman
                  • Dec 2006

I'll happily admit to being a complete interior newbie, but I want to learn. What sites and books should I check out to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="interman"]I'll happily admit to being a complete interior newbie, but I want to learn. What sites and books should I check out to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible?
                    [/quote]</p>

I can recommend Frame magazine, I think it's the best pop magazine for architecture/interior design. I.D. is also good (not to be confused with i-D) - it's a trade oriented magazine, but with a pop content. I like Wallpaper too, they are good at highlighting both architecture and interior design. I think in general non-US magazine do a better job, even mainstreamers like Australian and British Elle decore (yea, Elle!). As far as websites, hmm, I don't remember - I have a few bookmarked at work, I'll post later.
                    </p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Just bought an eames rocker in "Elephant" from SCP in london. These are not the officially licenced products, which Vitra now make, but look much nicer since they are made from fibreglass, like the original,rather than the solid plastic Vitra uses. Getting delivered on Thursday. Excited.....</P>

My next wish is for a Finn Johl 45 chair. Bit more pricey unfortunately.</P>
                      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Finn Juhl, I meant.....

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

Just bought an eames rocker in "Elephant" from SCP in london. These are not the officially licenced products, which Vitra now make, but look much nicer since they are made from fibreglass, like the original,rather than the solid plastic Vitra uses. Getting delivered on Thursday. Excited.....</p>

My next wish is for a Finn Johl 45 chair. Bit more pricey unfortunately.</p>
                          <p mce_keep="true"></p>

[/quote]</p>

Cool. Where are you putting it? I need some updated pictures of your place. It's lovely.</p>
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
                            • Dec 2006

Finn Juhl's 45 is a wonderful chair. I also like the Chieftan Chair he designed (great sculptural armrests and my grandfather used to own it!)

I really like Castiglioni, I see a lot of his influence in the work of Droog Design. Very playful, but there is a logic and clarity to the design that is fantastic.

ready made stool that he is probably best known for:

suspension lamp: 60 bulbs...

ceiling light: using a car headlight
                            </p>

bookshelf: each shelf can be rotated around the center pole

</p>

</p>

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Love that ceiling light!</P>

Faust the chair is going in the bedroom I think, not sure yet. Will try to get pics soon. Work is shit, too busy etc etc.</P>

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

I too have always wanted this Eames chair<DIV></DIV><DIV>and this table as well.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Faust- I like this one from DWR. Nice, simple, and looks comfy.</DIV><DIV></DIV>
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎