Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

yes, the bottom bar, which makes it a square. now when you said it I came to think about putting shoes on it, with the heels behind/on the bar, giving air between the shoe and the floor to make the drying process of the sole easier.

edit: that is, if you have it in your hallway! (i hallen!)

Comment

• thaiison
      • Dec 2009

that's actually a great idea! but I use it my own room, no place in the hallway. When it gets drier i'll try putting them as you said, even if the tilted shoeboxes looks a bit off I will get used to it and don't think about it.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

has anyone sat in Eames DCM's? I'm wondering if they are comfortable in the long run. how is the sitting position and the backrest against the back?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

They are great as dining chairs (and those black ones are especially beautiful), but not sure if you'd want to sit in one all day.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

yea thats what I'm wondering, the space they are needed for is pretty much a kitchen and living room combined, thus the chairs would need to be ones you can spend time in.

what about lounge version by the way, is it comfortable? I want to get a metal legged one
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

It's very comfortable, and certainly more comfortable than you expect molded plywood to be. The seat is quite large too.

I'm also into this molded plywood rocker from Blu Dot:

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                • May 2008

anyone got any experience with the Poul Kjærholm, PK9?

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

I'm also in a quest to buy Eames, but I'm torn between DSW or DSR. Wallet says DSR but eye say DSW. Will buy one for now and use as a computer chair, and probably gradually buy one to three more for a dining set.

The DSR is the most usual, due to the price I'm sure, the thin metal bars adds a cool futuristic touch, but I can't stop thinking that they make you a bit dizzy.

DSW's walnut legs is a bit more sophisticated, and gives a more robust and welcoming feeling.

The DSW is €130 extra per chair.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

We have a dsw in that colourway as a sidechair. it's something that is impossible to go wrong with but recently I've been feeling like the wood leg + white seat is almost too obvious somehow, so I've thought about looking for an old metal legged one in some other colour.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Interesting thought.

I also have looked around for older fibreglass ones with black legs. But I will settle for a Vitra now, I like their new "mustard" color.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

I much prefer the wooden legs

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          I also really like the Flos Parentesi, not exactly a standing lamp, but same function. they're pretty moderately priced as well, at least compared to most high end lighting.

Looks like I am going to have to sell my Flos Parentesi lamp because I'm unable to connect it to my ceiling. It's mint in the box, never even took most of the pieces out of the plastic bag. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

the wooden legs evens out the chair a bit more, making it a little bit heavier in the bottom, whereas the metal legs is so light and anonymous that the seating is the heavy part, almost like a ballon.

lowrey, if you're tired with yours I can buy it. :)

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

if only shipping wasn't something like €150

shipping for a chair from germany or elsewhere in europe is about €30-40, but when you don't have a contract with a courier its 3x as much, ridicilous.

I'm hoping to get something along the lines of this:

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Yeah, it's a hassle to ship large goods.

The originals are beautiful, but it's hard to find single ones, most auctions and sales I see is for 4 or more. Especially on Lauritz.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎