• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

[quote user="HWith"]

Now that I'm about to get my own place (at last!) this thread comes in handy. How do people feel about a thread somewhat similar to "what are you wearing today", but featuring pictures of people's apartments? It would be great inspiration, but are rooms too 'private'? </p>

Oh, and whoever posted MvdR's Barcelona-chair - I've been wanting it for a while now. If you're lucky you can get one at an 'low' price at auctions. I wonder if I'll be lucky any time soon! :-)
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

In the US you can get them for a decent price. Because these designs are not protected by IP laws, there are many stores selling them - you don't have to go to Design Without Reach and pay their stupid prices.
    </p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"]

I'm looking for some interestingbookcases, any suggestions?</p>

[/quote]</p>

Fuuma, what's your budget?</p>

[/quote]</p>
      <p mce_keep="true"></p>

Right now, with my money already taken by my new LCD TV and furniture purchases pretty much $0 (could probably go as high as $5) so this more to know what is around, feel free to post many price points and I'll set my goal according to what I like and can realistically purchase....</p>

[/quote]</p>

To look at, I like Interlubke and Ligne Roset. I had a picture of my dream living room in the digital format somewhere - a fire place and a wall to wall Interlubke shelf system. My bookcases are from Roche Bobois, and they are truly gorgeous (black wood with a cherry slanted frame, with led lights inside and glass doors, which I already broke moving, but they look great with or without doors), but I don't think they make them any more. BTW, just like with clothes, the prices (in the US at least) on imported furniture shot through the roof. I am really glad that I bought all my furniture in '00.
      </p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"]

I'm looking for some interestingbookcases, any suggestions?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Fuuma, what's your budget?</P>

[/quote]</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Right now, with my money already taken by my new LCD TV and furniture purchases pretty much $0 (could probably go as high as $5) so this more to know what is around, feel free to post many price points and I'll set my goal according to what I like and can realistically purchase....</P>

[/quote]</P>

To look at, I like Interlubke and Ligne Roset. I had a picture of my dream living room in the digital format somewhere - a fire place and a wall to wall Interlubke shelf system. My bookcases are from Roche Bobois, and they are truly gorgeous (black wood with a cherry slanted frame, with led lights inside and glass doors, which I already broke moving, but they look great with or without doors), but I don't think they make them any more. BTW, just like with clothes, the prices (in the US at least) on imported furniture shot through the roof. I am really glad that I bought all my furniture in '00.
        </P>

[/quote]</P>

Thanks I didn't know about Interlubke, looks great although the prices are severe. Ligne roset is great for contemporary furniture and their shelving units are top notch, very inspiring....</P>
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yea, the prices are ridiculous. Furniture prices went up along with designer clothes and real estate. At least you can look and get some ideas of what's out there. The funny thing is that Ligne Roset's prices are palatable in comparison with the likes of B&amp;B Italia, Zanotta, Poltrona Frau, etc.
          </p>

Where's blackforest? He's a furniture designer, I think - he could definitely add some expertise.
          </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I am looking for a floor lamp to put next to my Louis IV blood red reading chair. Any recs? I like these two from Ikea: a knock-off of the Artemide and a halogen one.</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The real deal (about $500, I think)</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

The cool balance from Ligne Roset is pretty cool.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]The cool balance from Ligne Roset is pretty cool.[/quote]</p>

It is pretty cool, actually!</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, I was just browsing by after coming home from the book store and remembered you asked about a reading lamp. From what I remember the price was pretty reasonable too.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

This is not bad ($129, free shipping). I am taken with the LR one though - the shape is more unusual than the Artemide one, that has been knocked off so many times (including this one). I'll have to go check it out in person - thanks, Casius!</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Hmm...</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Those matchstick lights are interesting.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV> Here are some from Flos</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>This is another one of my favs, not so much a 'reading' light per se.</DIV><DIV></DIV>

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

This is not bad ($129, free shipping). I am taken with the LR one though - the shape is more unusual than the Artemide one, that has been knocked off so many times (including this one). I'll have to go check it out in person - thanks, Casius!</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Ok, I pulled the trigger on this. Would love to have bought the Ligne Roset one or the Tolomeo, but can't afford either. This is a great substitute at a fraction of the price. I just hope it looks good in real life.
                            </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Faust"]

This is not bad ($129, free shipping). I am taken with the LR one though - the shape is more unusual than the Artemide one, that has been knocked off so many times (including this one). I'll have to go check it out in person - thanks, Casius!</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Ok, I pulled the trigger on this. Would love to have bought the Ligne Roset one or the Tolomeo, but can't afford either. This is a great substitute at a fraction of the price. I just hope it looks good in real life.
                              </P>

[/quote]</P>

Post some comments about it when you receive it, I might be interested...</P>

By the way would you guys agree that some white lacquered furniture (coffee table, TV "stand") would perfectly compensate for a black leather sofa and might be a better choice than say the equivalent pieces in black. Loads of contemporary furniture is white lacquer though, might be too "generic"...</P>
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I will, Fuuma.</p>

As far as lacquer - that's a tough one - I'd have to see how it looks. I'd say white is wrong - too reminiscent of Formica.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎