Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

I'm also interested in seeing this. Note everyday you see a PH lamp in an environment outside the dining area.

I love when people have the space to hang ceiling lamps in their entry ways, but it usually need some height, to show off some cord.

For most of us living in small apartments I often feel that a well lit spotlight works best. At least in my apartment the entryway is kinda small and cramped without any window or other sources of light so it's really important to get good lightning there.

I've hade my eyes on the Ecomoods from Philips

It's not a beautiful lamp, but it blends in, gives a perfect bright light in a small space that needs every bit of room it can get.

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

bestial, i cannot find ecomoods in the US. they would make great accent lights for my kitchen cabinets.

eternal, polyester micro-suede?

the grey moooi came in and it looks a lot better than the brown one. but if the poulsen looks better over the table, then this shade might just become a floorlamp..

also, my hang-it-all arrived. i need solid toggle bolts for this..

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

The walnut hang it all is sweet [thumbsup]

Isn't the Ecomoods distributed in the US/Canada?

I "got" the Toio today, that being UPS was here and called me cause I wasn't home. And they didn't have time to come back after 2 hours when I was going to get home. So they'll come tomorrow instead (funny thing is I was out cause I had misread my schedule, 5 hours to early).

Comment

• formateriam
          • Feb 2011

Lately I've had a boner for interior design and furniture ideas and although I am not sure I would like this lamp in my place, I love the concept and the light/shadow patterns it casts. The Kinema Pendant lamp by Stuart Fingerhut...

http://stuartfingerhut.com/2010/12/k...ant-luminaire/

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

^^ looks very mechanized.

i don't think it is bestial, they were all 220v..

i saw this nakashima floating wall cabinet recently in a store. the woodwork was out of this world. he's got this signature bow-tie dovetail that looks like it was naturally formed, not man-made..

anyway, it looked so fucking cool but the store was asking $20k for it.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

While I enjoy the creativity of it and craftmanship, I'm still not really a fan of this kind of woodwork. There was another of these floating cabinets on his website in black in white, liked that one better.

The Toio arrived today, and I was happily surprised that it in fact came with a dimmer.

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

bestial, show us a pic of the toio when it's setup.

i'm on the hunt for this paul mccobb desk or any variation of it in excellent unmolested condition...

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

^ Will do, Enaml.

Haven't seen any McCobb around the sites I'm frequenting but I'll tell you if I do. How's Craigslist with these kindes of stuff, or do people just sell junk there?

Here's one of my favourite desks from Poul Kjaerholm,

Last edited by bestial; 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

really like that desk.

any idea of Jacksons' pricing, by the way?

I like some of their stuff, many of the pieces have a bit more edge/character than typical "vintage classics".
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Yes, it's really nice!

The only piece I've made a price request on from them was on a 70's Toio, they wanted €2500 for that - which is quite a bit higher then the newly produced ones. Although I haven't seen many originals priced so I don't really know how that price compares to others. But the feeling I got is that they have pretty high prices and is directed to a more wealthy crowd.

But as you said, they have a top notch ensamble of vintage stuff.

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

CL is very spammy, but i do check once in a while. nothing spectacular lately..

picked up a luce plan on/off lamp today. 25% off but i got a parking ticket so i didn't save on anything..lol

on

off

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

That's a fun concept. Bummer about the ticket.

Not that similar, but the wiggely concept made me think of a new Mooi desk lamp I saw on Stockholm Furniture Fare last week.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

some new stuff that keeps me on a soup cracker diet..

kitchen: luceplan d22/3 4x17w florescent ceiling mount. i feel like i need to upgrade to a boffi kitchen after i put this in...

hallway: artemide edge ceiling cube (poulsen is now dining table lamp). on back order...

bedroom: cirrus hugger ceiling fan w/light. i never thought i was a fan guy, but i've been struggling with using my window-ac to avoid using central air and this seemed to me like the obvious thing to get. it has a light which probably sucks, but i won't be relying on it for general room lighting..

i also want to add that if you are looking for window treatments in the US, it's impossible to find something decent..

Comment

• doldrums
                              • Dec 2008

^ totally agree. we've been looking for drapes/shades for a year without luck. smith and noble it seems is what we will settle for but totally unenthused...

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

drapes must be the most boring theme in interior design. I think it can ease up rooms and be a vital part in several rooms, but it's damn hard to find anything that just clicks. for now I have booring white panel drapes - hate them. but it's better then granny's old flower ones. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎