X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

Do any of you guys know some online stores that carry knockoffs of designs? It's not that I don't appreciate original designs but my god... the prices are insane!</P>

More specifically... I'm looking for this sofa but... at a tenth of the price or something like that (on Moss the damn thing is $11.5k!!!!!!)</P>

</P>

</P>

Or something like it... I can find Wassily chairs on ebay for $150-200 each which is significantly more palatable than the ridiculous prices charged at design within (er...more like never) reach. I'm just hoping for something equivalent for larger items as well! I need to furnish (completely furnish) my apartment in San Antonio within a reasonable budget haha.</P>
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Only the knock-offs of famous modernist stuff - barcelona chairs, mies van der rohe lounge, etc...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Do any of you guys know some online stores that carry knockoffs of designs? It's not that I don't appreciate original designs but my god... the prices are insane!</p>

More specifically... I'm looking for this sofa but... at a tenth of the price or something like that (on Moss the damn thing is $11.5k!!!!!!)</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Or something like it... I can find Wassily chairs on ebay for $150-200 each which is significantly more palatable than the ridiculous prices charged at design within (er...more like never) reach. I'm just hoping for something equivalent for larger items as well! I need to furnish (completely furnish) my apartment in San Antonio within a reasonable budget haha.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Lots of retailers have been touting their versions of this
        sofa for years - there are quite a few variations on the market now.
        Most only lower the back and don't have the side-lifting action, but you get
        what you pay for:

</p>

Room &amp; Board has a really cheap one ($700! Less than CCP shoes!) with a tri-back adjustment:

http://roomandboard.com/rnb/product.do?method=get&amp;id=237016&amp;coll=41973 70&amp;cat=27</p>

</p>

The Door Stoor has one that's fairly palatable: http://doorstorefurniture.com/sleek.html
        </p>

</p>

</p>

CB2 has a pillow version: http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=102&amp;f=3036 although I can't figure out their code to give you a preview.</p>

</p>

Hope these help.</p>

</p>

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

I love those foldable ones, wish we had room/use for something like that :P</P>

I just finished making our new sofa table, I'll have to post some pics of it tomorrow. </P>

apparently I'm addicted to veneer, I've already made a side table, a tv stand and a sofa table :D</P>
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

i don't believe anybody posted these yet, but not sure...</P>

Munoz Vrandecic.</P>

courtesy of Boutiquew.com . these pieces were made custom by Munoz Vrandecic for boutqiue W. </P>

Comment

• young7777
              • Jun 2007

Look like you are after some scandinavian designs based on your pics above. In case you are also interest in some designer pieces from eames era, check out this web site - http://www.whiteonwhite.com/ . It has some really great furnitures for bargain price from $100 - $1000
              </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="young7777"]

Look like you are after some scandinavian designs based on your pics above. In case you are also interest in some designer pieces from eames era, check out this web site - http://www.whiteonwhite.com/ . It has some really great furnitures for bargain price from $100 - $1000</P>[/quote]<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Thanks so much for the website. If this stuff is relatively cheap, then I am stoked! </DIV>
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Prices are good. (Still trying to figure out if this is spam or not [*-)]).
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• young7777
                    • Jun 2007

That was my first post on the stylezeitgeist after looting here for a long time and learned a great deal about Cloak/Poell/Cdiem, etc (although still have a lot to learn). I just thought I should start chipping in some contributions. [57]

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

White On White

[quote user="Faust"]Prices are good. (Still trying to figure out if this is spam or not [*-)]).
                      [/quote]</p>

I actually would recommend White on White if you want the look without the stamp of repro authenticity. I bought my vintage Danish rosewood dining table from them years ago, and they've branched out to making designer replicas. I wonder if they still do vintage MCM?
                      </p>

Comment

• tofu
                        • Nov 2007

[quote user="mass"]found this:

thought this lamp was interesting too, 'titanic':

more here:

http://www.viablelondon.com/downloads.html

sorry for the big pictures![/quote]</p>

</p>

pretty cool lamp. definitely a great conversation piece. although the shiny cube reminds me too much of a subwoofer.</p>

Comment

• gius
                          • Nov 2007

haha that's a very amusing piece
                          I wonder if it's safe, with the light hitting the surface so close
                          interesting design anyway
                          </p>

Comment

• tofu
                            • Nov 2007

looks like the bulb is a good distance from the surface. i don't see why there would be a problem.

Comment

• gius
                              • Nov 2007

oh just that in time, the bulb and lampshade will heat up
                              and the surface the light hits will heat up</p>

anyway it's probably made of a special material</p>

Comment

• darkanimal
                                • Sep 2006

Looking for this Artemide Nessino Lamp in grey. Couldn't find any US stockist/US online that has 'em. Spending more from shipping abroad is the last option. Any leads greatly appreciated.</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎