• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Furniture, furnishings, and interior design

What about the Artemide store in Soho?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkanimal
      • Sep 2006

They don't have 'em in the Soho store, only the Nesso which is a bit big for my liking. I did however take advantage of their Tolomeo lamps promo. Buy the 2nd one for half off. Got them both in black of course. And I could have easily bought the Nesso too since they were having a promo $99 down from $300+ if you spend more than $400. The Nessino came out as sort of a special edition last year in the US market, hence I'm too late for that now. I'm also worried these stockist in Europe might have a different plug configuration. The hunt continues.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="darkanimal"]They don't have 'em in the Soho store, only the Nesso which is a bit big for my liking. I did however take advantage of their Tolomeo lamps promo. Buy the 2nd one for half off. Got them both in black of course. And I could have easily bought the Nesso too since they were having a promo $99 down from $300+ if you spend more than $400. The Nessino came out as sort of a special edition last year in the US market, hence I'm too late for that now. I'm also worried these stockist in Europe might have a different plug configuration. The hunt continues.
        [/quote]</p>

Different plug doesn't much matter, you can always buy a converter. Gotta love Tolomeos... I have an Ikea knock-off [79]</p>
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkanimal
          • Sep 2006

I figured faust, and just found out they released the Nessino only in Europe. Makes them want them even more.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

figured I could share this with you guys as well, something I did last summer:</P>

</P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

its a pretty simple piece since I dont have a lot of experience with furniture yet. I also did a matching tv stand.</P>

currently I'm working on an armchair, should be interesting:D</P>
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sbw4224
              • Sep 2006

Mike, it looks great. Once I settle down into a place for a while I'd like to look into making some basic furniture pieces. How many hours did that take you to make?

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

not much, an hour to draw, another one to cut the plywood, few hours to assemble it and clean the edges. </P>

since its rectangular its pretty simple, the armchair I'm working on will probably take quite a bit longer.</P>
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

great table mike.

check out this concrete lc2 by demisch danant... great execution!

some other nice works on their website as well.

Comment

• Piffen
                    • Aug 2007

Something to match the concrete perhaps..^^ I've been reading stuff like this for so long now, or so it seems anyway: "This season is all about mixing fabrics" ... So be it.</P>

</P>

http://www.poaa.nl/product_info.php?...roducts_id=672</P>

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

This is cool, mass. [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• auch
                        • May 2007

i'm always a fan of all things bauhaus. haven't yet found a knock-off of the lamp that's really worthwhile. MOMA is selling it an authentic model for just under $1000.</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

really? i would imagine the market has to crawl with Bauhaus knock-offs. White on White (link in this thread) surely has some of those chair knock-offs. Or by worthwhile do you mean worth having, as opposed to a good copy?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• auch
                            • May 2007

yeah, i was thinking more in terms of collectibility. i believe authentic pieces are marked with an official stamp of some sort. i've seen plenty of bauhaus furniture knock-offs, but less of the lights. white on white is definitely a good starting point for this kind of thing.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="auch"]yeah, i was thinking more in terms of collectibility. i believe authentic pieces are marked with an official stamp of some sort. i've seen plenty of bauhaus furniture knock-offs, but less of the lights. white on white is definitely a good starting point for this kind of thing.
                              [/quote]</p>

yes, to be honest, i think they've become kind of kitschy. i have vassily chairs in my gym, for god's sake.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]great table mike.

check out this concrete lc2 by demisch danant... great execution!

some other nice works on their website as well.[/quote]</P>

Oh man... I really want to make this piece! The concrete blocks would be simple... using plywood box molds with some rebar reinforcement internally. The rebar frame would be tricky to do on a small scale. Where does one get rebar bent and cut to one's specification?</P>
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎