X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Torchiere
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post

anyone know what this chair, bed thing is called?
    It is a traditional thai triangle cushion, I don't know what its thai name is though. They are typically made in different sizes, and you can fold/unfold the stacks on the bottom for laying down and stuff. They are pretty comfortable.

Just google triangle thai cushion and there are lots of vendors selling them, but nice ones are hard to find.

Comment

• Tafkap
      • Oct 2006

thanks a lot!

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
        • Aug 2009

indeed!

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
        Nice Voido chair! I had a pair of orange ones on my patio in Denver. Great lounge chairs
        Totally!
        If our next flat will have a terrace or big enough balcony, I'd be tempted to put it outside. I'm not sure how the lacquer will take it though.
        modern man

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

Whoa! You guys splurged on the lacquer finish?! Nice! They should never go outside!!!! Keep yours on carpet or on a small area rug if you can, it'll last longer and keep it out of direct sunlight, the rays will create discoloration on yours.

There is another set of voido chairs that are out door friendly, and wallet friendly as well!
          Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
            • Aug 2009

Yeah!

Yes, that would be the shiny one since there was a chance to get one showroom sample for a good price.

But I guess you're right, it is indeed quite fragile and probably a good idea to keep it indoors to avoid more damage.

I took a note and placed it on a little rug. That ought do it!
            (I didn't know about the discoloration though, so thanks man)
            modern man

Comment

• crtk001
              • Nov 2010

I really like the simple, raw, work of this ROLU Studio. I'm made shelves out of particle board, want to make some chairs and/or a side table.

see more here: ROLU Studio Gallery

Comment

• crtk001
                • Nov 2010

Building off of this ^^^

I found this drawing on Tumblr, I think I'm going to try to construct it and use it as a side table.

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by crtk001 View Post
                  Building off of this ^^^

I found this drawing on Tumblr, I think I'm going to try to construct it and use it as a side table.
                  Nice piece. Slide some glass on there!

The sketch reminded me of one of my favorite designers:

Rudolph Schindler

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Where can I buy a beautiful bell jar with base? The kind I see at ABC and just know that there is something out there for a fraction of the price. Looked on Ebay and Etsy and it's all crap.

Edit, well, not all crap. Something like this but for less dough.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Where can I buy a beautiful bell jar with base? The kind I see at ABC and just know that there is something out there for a fraction of the price. Looked on Ebay and Etsy and it's all crap.

That's not a super bad price...

I see them from time to time at the flea markets (Rose Bowl, Fairfax Swap meet etc.)

Have you done stuff with Black Sheep and Prodigal Sons for the magazine? If I remember I thought they had some in their studio awhile back. Might be cool to contact Derrick. He would know for sure where to score in NYC.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I ordered a large glass dome from some French manufacturer, and when I opened the package at home and touched it with the tip of my finger, the whole thing exploded into pieces

must've fractured somewhere along the way, and I did get a replacement tough..
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                          That's not a super bad price...

I see them from time to time at the flea markets (Rose Bowl, Fairfax Swap meet etc.)

Have you done stuff with Black Sheep and Prodigal Sons for the magazine? If I remember I thought they had some in their studio awhile back. Might be cool to contact Derrick. He would know for sure where to score in NYC.
                          Oooo, thanks for reminding me!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

You might want to check out (nicer) flower shops.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                              • Jul 2011

I don't know if beautiful enought for you but here are some: http://www.restorationhardware.com/c...yId=cat1680012
                              blog

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Geez, and I was just there over the weekend. I must be blind. Merci!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎