X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

speaking of the devil, RH in another lawsuit. Here's the previous one which involved them buying antiques from Obsolete in Venice and reproducing them, quite an interesting read.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swims
      • Jan 2012

love the particle board furniture above ^

i'm living in rented accommodation at the moment so haven't wanted to splash out on any of my furniture grails, but i bought these old lockers from a shut down steelworks in the north of england and couldn't be happier with them. have spent more time than i can afford scrubbing at them and they're finally in use now. at some point i'll restore them i think, but at the moment the damage kind of adds to the charm.

Comment

• fncyths
        • Apr 2010

I love the patina on old lockers and 'machine era' chairs and desks. Just hit some of the gnarly rust with a little steel wool and it's good to go. Nice Teatro table btw. Great piece of design
        Originally posted by Shucks
        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

All of a sudden all wheels on my Aeron are losing rubber. Help!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

if they use generic wheels, larger hardware stores might have replacements?

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
            Nice Teatro table btw. Great piece of design
            doesn't look like a teatro though
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              All of a sudden all wheels on my Aeron are losing rubber. Help!
              Call Herman Miller in Michigan. They have a huge warehouse of extra wheels. Do you know the exact model of your Aeron? They just replaced all the wheels on my vintage Time Life chair!

Lowrey > Soo close...good eye! Almost there. Dear God don't say it's Ikea...

Comment

• the legs are, no? I have the same.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Call Herman Miller in Michigan. They have a huge warehouse of extra wheels. Do you know the exact model of your Aeron? They just replaced all the wheels on my vintage Time Life chair!

probably don't need to go to that much trouble, any HM retailer can supply them. Aeron is a dream whn it comes to replacing parts, very modular.

or order online: http://www.amazon.com/Herman-Miller-.../dp/B0027UZ6ZU

E - there are two (possible more) models, some for hardwood, some for carpet, etc.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Thank you, gents!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swims
                      • Jan 2012

unfortunately you're right, the legs are ikea . for ikea they're much better quality than i expected but essentially just a knock off.

the table top was from an old table i'd made, which was convenient to use. i wanted to use steel workbench trestle legs, but there wasn't a good way i'd be able to safely do so with this glass top.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Any thoughts on storage boxes for the house?

Ideally, I'd find something in rusted steel that hand been lacquered/clearcoated to be non-reactive. But, any source for nice boxes of various sizes would be great. I'm hunting things I don't have to hide, small ones for jewelry/accessories, as well as larger ones.

My current leader for small ones is made of concrete, but it's only OK.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• fncyths
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          Any thoughts on storage boxes for the house?
                          There's a great rummage spot on Valencia (18-26th??) that has tons of vintage treasures. I'd start there unless you want to spend $200+ for the likes of this:

Comment

• destroymebaby
                            • Aug 2012

Wait. Now the housing cooperative are trying to force all apartment owners to buy and install new security doors. But I will not succumb to this madness. I love my old door. I'll rather die behind a nice looking door, than live behind an ugly one.

PIC REMOVED
                            Last edited by destroymebaby; 09-22-2017, 03:55 PM.
                            The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

So I've been looking for an arm/lounge chair for my livingroom for some time now. I invested heavily in my sofa, passed on a coffee table and went with a stool & side table instead due to space constraints. I've always played it pretty safe with, well, everything I buy, so I decided to order this instead:

It's totally juvenile, but I've always wanted one. Zanotta has recently reduced the price by changing the standard vinyl cover to something I imagine is more enviro-friendly and economical. I contemplated leather, but went el-cheapo instead...$3000 for a beanbag chair seemed a bit overboard.

Thoughts? Too Hanna Montana?
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

DANE! Don't do it

I've tried to stage soo many places with a "bean bag lounger" of sorts. They just don't translate that well. They are super comfortable and hey, there's definitely a place for them in your "man cave" next to your "gaming station" for sure....

The closest thing that I've found to be quite comfortable and clean on the eyes is the Togo series by Lignet Roset.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎