X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Fair points. My idea was to add something a bit more casual to my otherwise rigid decor. Sometimes I also just don't care how things look, I just want something comfortable. The elastic waistband of furniture.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• fadetogrey
      • Apr 2009

I think it depends what other furniture you have in the room. I could imagine it in a vary spare space - I think it needs lots of space around it. I don't like this kind of furniture pushed up against walls like in my last photo.

I like blob-like furniture, but I like it best when the material is in contrast with the bean bag-ness, I guess to "elevate" it, hence the togo in black leather is my new dream sofa. I just have to convince my boyfriend of my aesthetic vision! (the most difficult part)

Also, trying to figure out (hypathetically, as I don't have the sofa yet) what kind of accent chair would go with it. I like the Paulistano in black/black but concerned about it looking too "light" next to a giant leather caterpillar sofa. thoughts?
      Last edited by fadetogrey; 11-21-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• fncyths
        • Apr 2010

/ \

Yes! Great pics!

Dane > I hear ya. Not sure what your set up is like. If you're into vintage I've been finding tons of Milo Baughman for great prices online and around SoCal. He's a great under the radar designer. If you want new I can recommend a few lines to check out.
        Originally posted by Shucks
        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

This is the look I was thinking:

This is the sofa I have:

Anyway, I've already ordered the beanbag, so I will make it work somehow.

fadetogrey - I imagine the same goes if you want your larger elements to be blob-like...the accent chair should be more structured/sharper/boxier.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            Game On!

For beanbag types it actually looks pretty comfortable!

That sofa is beautiful btw!

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

ha...swap in perfume bottles for consoles and you have my house exactly!

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

the seating in fadetogrey's first image looks very cool. the rest I don't find appealing, same for those Lignet Roset ones which look really bad imo, I'd rather take Dane's beanbag.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

I suppose the built-in options are great if you own your own place...I guess I've always pictured myself as an eternal renter, so I've not ever considered it. I do like the way rick manages that skim-coat-the-entire-room look. Makes everything very cohesive...but I'll never have his restraint when it comes to never having anything on display.

back to blobby furniture...I'm rather partial to Pierre Paulin's seating:

...from this discussion it's dawned on me that I prefer sitting very low to the ground (apparently).

Comment

• een
                    • Sep 2006

proper lounging options courtesy Joe Colombo:

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

^ two of those three are not readily available unfortunatley...I'd do anything for that tube chair though. I don't understand why someone hasn't purchased the license from Cassina, or why they themselves haven't reproduced it.

Comment

• fncyths
                        • Apr 2010

ha...swap in perfume bottles for consoles and you have my house exactly!
                        Please tell me you have your perfume on display like that, backlit and all

Nice Colombo drop. I love his story. Burned out fast and bright!

Gents, just for the record, let's not fool ourselves though on proper lounging. There is no other than Jean Prouvé...

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

I do have it fairly glitzily displayed...but in my bedroom.

That prouve chair is lovely...as is that Jongerius sofa. I wish I was a bisquillionaire.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Rei Kawakubo x Artek
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

This is the sofa I have:

fadetogrey - I imagine the same goes if you want your larger elements to be blob-like...the accent chair should be more structured/sharper/boxier.
                              Dane, this is a lovely couch! Who makes it? Looks a little like the slightly blocky Fritz Hansen alphabet sofa which I'd love to have
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

B&B Italia: http://mobile.bebitalia.com/page5w.d...w&acond31w=323

ps - if you're not familiar with the brand, beware of their ridiculous pricing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎