• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arcane
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    B&B Italia: http://mobile.bebitalia.com/page5w.d...w&acond31w=323

ps - if you're not familiar with the brand, beware of their ridiculous pricing.
    Yaysus!

Can't really see how that price is justified but design, taste, etc. etc.
    Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I got mine around 2001 or 2002...so it was every-so-slightly cheaper then. I won't attempt to justify the cost though.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

B&B Italia: http://mobile.bebitalia.com/page5w.d...w&acond31w=323

ps - if you're not familiar with the brand, beware of their ridiculous pricing.
        Seriously. Their pricing are in the fuck-you realm.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I feel a bit stuck with it to be honest...the fabric wasn't the wisest choice, a wool/cashmere blend (pills...thinning, etc.), and a new cover in the base fabric is something like $7000. It's 8 feet long and 5 feet deep (although it's the "small" model) and barely fits in any apartment I've lived in since I got it. How much would I get if I tried to sell it? Probably $1000. And that's if I'm lucky.

Fucking white people problems.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

regardless, still very nice. Will have to keep an eye out for one at secondhand :)
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Heungsin Park
              • Nov 2012

:)

It's too great!
              I'm very interesting this part

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

How much would I get if I tried to sell it? Probably $1000. And that's if I'm lucky.

Totally hear ya man. I always recommend investing in pieces that have a name attached just for that reason. Eames, Knoll, Nelson, etc. etc. They at least retain their value even in the after market.

It's a sweet sofa. Be proud of it, and keep in mind all it takes is a few throws and some new pillows to change the vibe completely.
                Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I feel a bit stuck with it to be honest...the fabric wasn't the wisest choice, a wool/cashmere blend (pills...thinning, etc.), and a new cover in the base fabric is something like $7000. It's 8 feet long and 5 feet deep (although it's the "small" model) and barely fits in any apartment I've lived in since I got it. How much would I get if I tried to sell it? Probably $1000. And that's if I'm lucky.

I have the exact same problem, we have a relatively expensive couch that is super well made by a local company, but has barely any resale value and isn't exactly what I'd like to have in our current apartment. Of course, its 4 meters long which makes it even more impossible to find a buyer or any alternate use for it..

lesson learned - buy multiple couches / easy chairs instead of one gigantic blob.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    lesson learned - buy multiple couches / easy chairs instead of one gigantic blob.
                    Exactly. I'm a big guy, so I tend to find larger furniture more comfortable, but never again with the white elephant.

Another lesson I've learned - just because it says "removable cover"...doesn't mean you'll be able to get it back on. :-\

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yeah, one of the (minor) reasons I hesitate moving is my wall to wall Maurice Villency wardrobe. There is no way this thing will fit into most apartments.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

...things you need to consider when buying new stuffs.

I've been fooled a few times, thinking something would be less hassle when dismountable, etc. Just because something can come apart, doesn't mean it will be (a) easy, (b) repeatable, or (c) any less cumbersome when it is.

Comment

• fncyths
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Yeah, one of the (minor) reasons I hesitate moving is my wall to wall Maurice Villency wardrobe. There is no way this thing will fit into most apartments.
                          Faust! Pics?!!

Here's a pic of my Schindler wardrobe:

Originally posted by Shucks
                          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                          Originally posted by interest1
                          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Williebabzan
                            • Jul 2008

Been searching for a sofa for almost 1/2 year now, when this popped up. Finally! In a more dark green colour though

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by fncyths View Post

The closest thing that I've found to be quite comfortable and clean on the eyes is the Togo series by Lignet Roset.
                              Wow thanks! These are very cool.
                              Need something like this to fill a blank spot in my house. Gonna check them out somewhere and hope they sit as comfortable as they look.
                              Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I want my parquet floor to be black. How to go about it?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎