X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

I'd recommend just renting a floor sander and make it blond. Then just keep re-staining it dark until it's black enough. I got my violin almost black that way lol.
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      I got mine around 2001 or 2002...so it was every-so-slightly cheaper then. I won't attempt to justify the cost though.
      looooooove b&b italia and max alto. have visited the company and seen the production. i also have experience working w their products. trust me, the price is 'justified' if you care at all about detailing and finish. can't be beat.

Comment

• marsa
        • Feb 2011

here is black for ya Faust!

not often I like, nor see apartments with all black wall, floors and cealing.

but this one kinda works...

for sale in oslo atm - 50 sqm, approx. 550.000 USD.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I would keep the walls and furniture light, just the black floors. Fuck, wooden floors are so awesome!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

marsa those shots are great! love the prouvé lamp in the corner!!!

If you don't have wooden floors you can do subway style black gloss ceramic tile. Depending on how large the area is that you want to cover. We did a loft like that a few years back, then put up black duvateen on the walls and it looked awesome.

I'll try and find some pics on one of my older design hard drives...
            Originally posted by Shucks
            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
            Originally posted by interest1
            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• mxdvs
              • Feb 2013

Casimir

We have a couple pieces from him at home, he makes great stuff. I'll put his website at the bottom. (images are not mine)

www.casimir.be

Comment

• inconduit
                • Jun 2009

marsa i've never seen black interior surfaces done so well like that but i think its all the warm woody tones of the furniture that balance it out well.

Comment

• formateriam
                  • Feb 2011

Finally managed to pick up a few of these toledo drafting stools/chairs even though I'm still short one. I've been hunting around town for about 2 years only to find the ones with molded plastic seats/backs or reproductions. Anyhow, BIG check off my list...

Comment

• poniello
                    • Jan 2011

marsa amazing!

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

David Salle's Ft. Greene double-townhouse/schoolhouse

he had a very cute assistant who told me about this place. i didn't realize it was this big...

Comment

• chandler
                        • Jan 2011

Has anyone here heard of Swan Italia? Would appreciate thoughts and comments by the cognoscenti

Comment

• BBSLM
                          • Feb 2011

Can anyone point me in the direction of an online retailer that sells a floor mirror in a style similar to these. I guess this would be considered "modernist" or "minimalist". The size and a thin, black metal frame are what I'm after.

This is the closest and most easily-accessible thing I can find, but I want to see if there's anything else out there.
                          WTB
                          desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                          RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                          STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

I had the same hunt, ended up with this..perfect!

The nickel finish, is not black but very dark with a great texture.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

^ the mirror in the second picture is from LLLP – guess it could be a hassle to ship overseas though.

If you have the time, space and equipment it isn't a hard thing to do yourself – or if you are able to get in contact with a firm that's working with metal it's a easy peasy job for them.

Comment

• BBSLM
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                                I had the same hunt, ended up with this..perfect!

The nickel finish, is not black but very dark with a great texture.

Nice find. I really like that. A little out of my budget, though. And like bestial said, shipping would probably be a nightmare. I probably should have mentioned that I am in the US.

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                                ^ the mirror in the second picture is from LLLP – guess it could be a hassle to ship overseas though.

If you have the time, space and equipment it isn't a hard thing to do yourself – or if you are able to get in contact with a firm that's working with metal it's a easy peasy job for them.
                                I don't have any equipment, but I know of a few welding shops. Any idea where I can find a large, thick mirror (in the US) to which a shop could attach some type of raw metal frame?
                                WTB
                                desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                                RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                                STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎