X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Funny story - when I used to work in an office I had one of our developers write me a program like that for my desktop. #funatwork
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Um, does this count as a hashtag?

#

sain't

Comment

• fncyths
        • Apr 2010

hashtag?

hmmm...

#serioususeofweaponry

Originally posted by Shucks
        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• hurricane08
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Also looking for a desk. So far the best one I've found (in terms of looks/cost ratio) is the USM Modular one in dark gray laminate. Any other ideas?
          Bontempi carries some really nice tables and the cheap ones look as good as the pricy .I have the mago all white with extra clear white glass which cost me ~590 euro .The grey keyo that i've seen at the store is looking really elegant and must be the most expensive ,it was on sale around 1600 euro.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

Um, does this count as a hashtag?

#

you bet it is
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

I love how my every sarcastic quip can be linked to a NY Times article.
              sain't

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I'm kinda digging this new Ligne Roset Danse floor lamp. So simple.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Table by Tokujin Yoshioka for Desalto

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• destroymebaby
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I'm kinda digging this new Ligne Roset Danse floor lamp. So simple.
                    Yes. It's by Nathalie Dewez. Tried to get a hold of it a couple of years ago, but Ligne Roset hadn't picked it up back then I believe.

Check out more of her design at http://www.n-d.be/

The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ah, a Belgian! Not surprised. I must say, $900 for essentially a piece of pipe seems a bit steep. I remind myself that I must see all pricing in terms of Rick Owens t-shirts.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• destroymebaby
                        • Aug 2012

That's wise of you. I'll try to follow your example the next time I catch myself glancing at a Jean Prouvé lamp or some old Soviet industrial lighting.
                        The morning is not enough.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
                          Yes. It's by Nathalie Dewez. Tried to get a hold of it a couple of years ago, but Ligne Roset hadn't picked it up back then I believe.
                          She’s got a nice portfolio; it’s always nice to see the people behind objects one probably knows from blogs and magazines. Especially in furniture, I find it quite disappointing that (most often) designers tend to be in the shadow of a big brand name. Vitra/Miller are one of the few examples to this manner, but a lot of other highly respected manufactures (Moormann comes to mind) alsmost overbrand their products and then feature the designer in a footnote.
                          Anyway: nice lamp, good find.

Here’s a DIY furniture project by Van Bo Le-Mentzel. He’s a very humble guy and always working on new, ethical design projects.

The inspiration is sometimes obvious, but the open-sourceness of the blueprints and the sustainable approach to the manufacturing process itself (for instance pre-cut pieces that one can carry through the subway; no car transport needed) make the project more interesting.

Right now I’m on the hunt for one of these,
                          too bad they’re quite rare (but the only possible company for my two EAG chairs)

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                            • May 2013

Can anyone recommend some good mirrors? I'm looking for something big and minimal.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I saw one at ABC for $600 - not that bad for a huge, iron framed mirror. Not sure you are in NYC though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Illithid Dude View Post
                                Can anyone recommend some good mirrors? I'm looking for something big and minimal.
                                I’d just drop by a glasser workshop nearby and let them cut one to your specifications. Then you’d need to do the framing yourself, but that is no big issue, unless you want a metal frame.
                                You could even go frameless, but then I’d reinforce it on the backside with L-shaped aluminum rails. Just glue them on with silicone (the one usually used for bathrooms et cetera)

Another advantage of custom mirrors: you can choose the proportions yourself. I find most mirrors to have awful proportions. Either way too narrow or simply »off«.
                                Last edited by radio-aktivität; 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎