• Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lionlimb
      • Feb 2013

Re: Docs
      I have a pair of Nappa leather Doc Martens that have held up to heavy use for over a year BUT the leather is softer and less stiff (also, matte) from the beginning. I barely had any break-in time with them.
      not baller

Comment

• ahn
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post
        Re: Docs
        I have a pair of Nappa leather Doc Martens that have held up to heavy use for over a year BUT the leather is softer and less stiff (also, matte) from the beginning. I barely had any break-in time with them.
        I'm looking to get a pair of these - the 14-eyelet Buttero soft Docs for the workshop. I have an original pair of Made in England 8-eyelets with the super stiff leather that are over 10 years old, those were SUCH a bugger to break in. Super comfy though now -- although I'm not as partial to the 8-eyelet height as I once was. Unfortunately dmusastore is sold out of my size on the 14's so I am waiting til they get a new drop in April.
        some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

brawn and beauty.

Comment

• theseasonofmist
            • Feb 2011

rider - great purchases!

I have those DvN on my shopping list too - may I ask how they fit? :)

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

thanks, a very girly purchase for me but i couldnt resist...they are charming. fit half size small to true and they are surprisingly comfortable...i hope you go for it

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by rider View Post

brawn and beauty.

I love the dichotomy, rider! .(And mama especially loves them boots). .
                sain't

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

And while we're giving some attention to high heels, these recently caught mine.

And they're ooonly from three #%*ing Spring seasons back, LoL... .How'd these babies slip by me?!
                  Even more surprising: they're by Acne. Stunner.
                  The fact that I like them better in white than black surprises me most of all.

Would be interesting to hear from others about which they prefer, and why. I love how they're being worn in the pic above, and aside from throwing these on with a pencil skirt, I'd wear them exactly the same way.

I might just have to hunt. A girl cannot live by dunks alone.
                  sain't

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Those are hot indeed.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

hehe, acne does surprise now and then, always have...so hit or miss to the extreme ends of the spectrum...and those are an amazing example of strap me up/ravage me if i ever saw one.

agree that the wearer nailed the look...really like the fact that she didnt muck it up with painted toes. the white is more dramatic than the black, but the copper heel and hardware plate under the heel of the black pair is hot shit

how do you find this stuff???

Comment

• Verdandi
                        • Mar 2012

I have these in black. I bought them because they reminded me a bit of A.F. Vandevorst. Not really their Fetish shoe line but more of a general vibe. While I don't regret purchasing them (got them on sale for 70% off) they are not comfortable to wear at all. Not that heels like this are ever meant to be comfortable but I am quite used to chasing after the bus in four inch heels and these are too much for me. I think I've worn them about two times and both times were really not pleasent.

But they are gorgeous, even more so in white I didn't even know they existed in another colour and if you manage to find them: Buy them, even if it's a shoe for sitting on a barstool and being aware of the fact that you have a really great pair of shoes on
                        lavender menace

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

^ yes i could see that they would be the child of AFV and MMM nail heels. pain goes without saying...

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

Speaking of pain, rider how are your new Dries heels in terms of comfort, or should I say discomfort? I've had my eye on them but of course they sold out in 36 faster than I could make up my mind. I love most of his shoe offerings this season even the silver pumps. Do you think the heels run wide? I have a really narrow foot and usually need some kind of strap to make them work.
                            lavender menace

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

morning Verdandi - he finally got the heels so that you dont topple over on them, a problem i've had in the past with his skinny heels that were ill placed and under-run, not so with the wider shape. so, the heels this season are very wearable and quite comfortable ... all day. i did get a 1/2 size larger than my usual size which is standard fare for Dries footwear i would say.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who slips out of pumps because of a narrow heel ;-), i can never buy them for that reason and that's why i chose the slingback, for some reason i dont have that issue with these.

the cracked silver with the little platform is definitely a favorite and if i didnt already have an older version i would have chosen that. i think you will be able to find those in a 36.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by rider View Post

hehe, acne does surprise now and then, always have...so hit or miss to the extreme ends of the spectrum...and those are an amazing example of strap me up/ravage me if i ever saw one.

These words, soon to be immortalized.

agree that the wearer nailed the look...really like the fact that she didnt muck it up with painted toes. the white is more dramatic than the black, but the copper heel and hardware plate under the heel of the black pair is hot shit

Me, too.

how do you find this stuff???

Usually, while looking for OTHER stuff. .Seriously!
                                I stumble across some crazy-good, crazy-bad, and just plain crazy stuff.
                                Ooh if my iPhoto could talk. Ha!

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                                I have these in black. I bought them because they reminded me a bit of A.F. Vandevorst. Not really their Fetish shoe line but more of a general vibe. While I don't regret purchasing them (got them on sale for 70% off) they are not comfortable to wear at all. Not that heels like this are ever meant to be comfortable but I am quite used to chasing after the bus in four inch heels and these are too much for me. I think I've worn them about two times and both times were really not pleasent.

Stop doing that, girl. Buses are the last thing worth chasing.

But they are gorgeous, even more so in white I didn't even know they existed in another colour and if you manage to find them: Buy them, even if it's a shoe for sitting on a barstool and being aware of the fact that you have a really great pair of shoes on

Works for me.

sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎