X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fadetogrey
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ahn View Post
    Are the men's and women's geobaskets cut differently? I have a pair and mine feel huge inside in my normal size 39. It's possible though that, having a big foot, I could have received what is actually a men's cutting if the shoes differ. Thank goodness for small-footed men!

Although I also do have a narrow foot - width of an IT 38 and the length of a 39. Which is very frustrating when trying to buy sandals!
    In my experience the women's geobaskets fit very large. I'm usually a 38 in Rick, and have them in a 37.5, but 37 is my ideal size in the dunks. I could never wear a 37 in any other style of rick's footwear. I have a narrow foot too and they are cut wide, but still wearable for me.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
      • Oct 2011

As one of the small-footed men who ends up buying women's dunks (thank Rick for unisex designs!), here's some more conflicting information! I'd say Geos fit between half size large and TTS, and would be surprised if there was any difference in the lasts for sizes under IT40.

I take a 38.5 in Geobaskets, 38 in CPs (a bit loose still), 38 or 38.5 in Ann. I've also tried some Rick wedges and combats briefly, and a 39 in those was too long but fine widthwise.

Comment

• excelsiom
        • Oct 2012

you can't stand by anything with the recent seasons. my wedges (older scarpa leather model) are a 38 and are the best-fitting pair of shoes i've ever owned. my geos (short-tongued, from island) are 39 and fit just slightly roomy, but comfortably so. on the other hand ... just started my search for a pair of the vicious waxed calf combats and am looking at a 37.5, if not smaller. know your insole (and return policy . . . )

on the subject:

this might be the best iteration of the combat rick's made yet. feel like a weapon, and rick's still making them in my size (unlike the cargobasket (?))

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

You got those from Saks women's section? Almost pulled the trigger myself.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• excelsiom
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            You got those from Saks women's section? Almost pulled the trigger myself.
            tragically, no. i didn't try them on until vicious hit stores so as they sold out for that absolutely ludicrous price on saks i was busy recommitting myself to buying only heeled shoes ... now i'm waiting or paying retail (leaning towards second.) otherwise if anyone's seen one of the 10" shaft pair in a 37.5/38 . . .

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

He's on a run. Yohji regulation nobu Adidas.
              Attached Files

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

...because who can get enough of yohji...
                Attached Files

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                  • Feb 2014

what do you guys think of these? are they too clownish? they're göran horal.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

I think the heel and toe compliment each other well. They sync and certainly seem like some thought was put into the profile.

I wouldn't hesitate if you're looking for a high heeled boot
                    Imagine how well they would accentuate any clothing with a drape to it.

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to vote too clown on those.

My assumption is that if you feel the need to ask, you probably already know the answer.

And if you do pull the trigger, there'll be that part of you that won't be able to get past it and they'll likely spend more time in your closet than on your feet.
                      sain't

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

Ha, yes take my opinion from someone who has boots ranging from Pocahontas crossed with Joan of Arc and a fetish mud slogger. .

i do agree with the theory that usually if your intuition begs to ask the question "is this too odd or not" then its best to listen and move on, but I've also found that if I can't get it out of my mind over a period of time, its worth a try. Lastly, if you are good at visualizing then you will know if it fits with your other things. If they arent in your comfort zone then pass, of course.

btw, for what it's worth, I have "clown" shoes...red suede platform guidi's that I step out in pretty often.
                        Last edited by rider; 09-08-2014, 09:23 AM. Reason: more thoughts

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

I'm down for the fetish mud sloggers.
                          sain't

Comment

• ahn
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by wildinthewoods View Post

what do you guys think of these? are they too clownish? they're göran horal.
                            I think they're quite beautiful, the weight of them reminds of a more elegant and modern take on those chunky 90's goth platforms we all probably owned at some point.
                            some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• ahn
                              • Jul 2012

Hello all,

What are some good brands I should be looking at for everyday summer footwear?

I found a pair of lovely, simple low-heeled sandals on sale (pictured below) by A.F. Vandervorst but they sold out in my size by the time I went to purchase them

I havea pair of flat Ann Demeulemeester sandals and a pair of Rick Owens mid-calf high wedges but I feel like I need something in between in terms of height. Not too casual. I have no idea where to start, but something along the lines of the A.F. Vandervorst ones pictured would be ideal!

some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• blackfedora
                                • Jan 2012

My lady has a pair of Marsèll Arsella sandals which she wore non-stop during the summer:

And the mid heel variant (Marsèll Bo) might fit your bill:

Getting them on sale is kind of the way to go, as they are rather pricey for sandals.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎