X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleyogoni
    • Feb 2013

Women's Guidi sizing help!

I'm about to order a pair of 988 in soft horse, I'm normally a 36.5 and 37, never went beyond 37. Rick Owens 36, Ann Dem 36 or 36.5, Marsell 36, MMM 37, what should I get for 988? I was told to get a 40, but I never heard go up 3 sizes...very confused now...please help!

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

you are the same size as me (i have a fairly narrow foot). i wear 37's.

Comment

• littleyogoni
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by rider View Post
        you are the same size as me (i have a fairly narrow foot). i wear 37's.
        The width of my feet are normal, not wide for sure and not too narrow..

What's your foot's measurement if I may ask?

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

i dont know what my foot measures but i think you will be fine with 37. thats all i can offer for now.

Comment

• littleyogoni
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by rider View Post
            i dont know what my foot measures but i think you will be fine with 37. thats all i can offer for now.
            Thank you!

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ahn View Post

Can anyone attest to their quality? Both my RO wedge ankle boots and Ann D wedge ankle boots have both suffered quality issues that are not cheap to repair (Ann's weren't as costly to repair but I've been quoted $200 to fix the RO's... doesn't seem worth it).
              I'm not sure what kind of issues you had, but I can tell you that the tabis are definitely a more delicate/soft leather than either Ann or Rick boots are. They are made beautifully--I think mbd, who has more tabis than god, even mentioned that the construction has improved over time--but they are not stomping boots. This certainly isn't meant to be discouraging...it really depends on what you intend to put them through....
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• littleyogoni
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by laika View Post
                I'm not sure what kind of issues you had, but I can tell you that the tabis are definitely a more delicate/soft leather than either Ann or Rick boots are. They are made beautifully--I think mbd, who has more tabis than god, even mentioned that the construction has improved over time--but they are not stomping boots. This certainly isn't meant to be discouraging...it really depends on what you intend to put them through....
                my ro boots with spiral zip had a open front..lucklily it was not an expensive repair since glue can just fix it..that happened 2 times i wore them

Comment

• Seikosan
                  • Sep 2012

I have two pairs of the MMM tabi boots and I have to agree they are more delicate. They are definitely not a rough and tumble shoe.

One complaint I do have is they seem to be very loose around my ankles however that may just be me since mine are extra narrow. I haven't been able to find a cobbler willing to touch them to make them more fitted. The patent leather one I have is definitely more durable versus the regular calf leather.

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm still super tempted, as long as I remember to be more choosy when and where I wear them. I just do have the tendency to wear things I love into the ground. Eep!
                    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                      • Apr 2009

Speaking of tabi, has anyone had a cobbler vibram their soles before? I'm a bit hesitant to take my aging 2nd hand pair in, as I'm not sure they will be able to go around the "toes" cleanly.

Comment

• mona13
                        • Feb 2009

fadetogrey - I have vibram soles on my tabis, and the toes came out great. I took them to Firm: http://www.yelp.com/biz/firm-shoe-repair-new-york

Comment

• fadetogrey
                          • Apr 2009

Good to know it can be done! Thanks!

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

ladies of sz, need your help on smth.

anyone knows how these fit? looking to get a pair for the sister and she's usually a 38 or so, maybe a 37.5 (fits a guidi in 39)

i know ann sometimes tends to run large, so will a 37 in these be good for her?

thanks in advance!

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

nictan, nice thing for a brother to do for a sister (hope mine reads this ;-). i think one full size for those will be ok, the only thing you wrote that throws me off and makes me hesitate to say 100% yes is the guidi 39.

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

^ thanks. hmm why do you say that? to my knowledge the guidi's fit a size small, which was why she got a 39 and not a 38 in the first place.

if it helps, her guidis are the high heeled calf length versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎