• Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Women's Footwear

Maison Martin Margiela FW 06</p>

Mud-stained wedges</p>

</p>

&quot;After Party&quot; shoes--I am strangely drawn to these, I think it&#39;s the name
    </p>

</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Vivienne Westwood FW 06</p>

A little over the top, but I saw a girl wearing these and they looked amazing.</p>

The always tasteful &quot;Styledrops.com&quot; calls them &quot;Prostitute Sex Shoes.&quot; [^o)]</p>

</p>

</p>
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]

The always tasteful &quot;Styledrops.com&quot; calls them &quot;Prostitute Sex Shoes.&quot; [^o)]</p>

[/quote]</p>

Classy... I like the shoes though - you can really tone them down, and they&#39;ll be almost like mary-janes. Thanks for the Mona Moore tip - I&#39;ll keep an eye out. [*-)]
        </p>
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Repetto for CDG</p>

</p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
            • Oct 2006

really want these marsell shoes! </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Margiela</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

very nice, how much?......(borat)
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]very nice, how much?......(borat)
                  [/quote]</p>

No price - I'm sure they are pretty damn expensive, like all Margiela footwear...</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

I want to start making shoes, it is rather interesting that before i even knew i was going to be a designer, iattempted to make a pair of sandals from some scrap i found at a shoemaker shop where i used to live as a kid.</p>

also when i just started sewing, i had a friend who was an excellent shoemaker, he used to repair my sewing machine whenever it was giving problems, </p>

we had (and still do, less now than we once did) some really great artisans in Jamaica when i was growing up, the sad reality was that they were never really respected, as people then had an inferiority complex with repect to locally made products.</p>

this was one of the reasons why i left, as i thought i would never have accomplished the things i wanted to if i stayed.</p>

the irony is that.....not being there anymore i cannot really utilize the skills of the artisans effectively (or at all for that matter) </p>

One day though........one day
                    </p>

we had really beautiful shoes though, albeit from leathers than were of inferior quality</p>

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

I want to start making shoes, it is rather interesting that before i even knew i was going to be a designer, iattempted to make a pair of sandals from some scrap i found at a shoemaker shop where i used to live as a kid.</p>

also when i just started sewing, i had a friend who was an excellent shoemaker, he used to repair my sewing machine whenever it was giving problems, </p>

we had (and still do, less now than we once did) some really great artisans in Jamaica when i was growing up, the sad reality was that they were never really respected, as people then had an inferiority complex with repect to locally made products.</p>

this was one of the reasons why i left, as i thought i would never have accomplished the things i wanted to if i stayed.</p>

the irony is that.....not being there anymore i cannot really utilize the skills of the artisans effectively (or at all for that matter) </p>

One day though........one day
                      </p>

we had really beautiful shoes though, albeit from leathers than were of inferior quality</p>

[/quote]</p>

What about finding good cobblers in NY? Where do you produce your clothes?
                      </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

What about finding good cobblers in NY? Where do you produce your clothes?</p>

</p>

well, that is a good idea, to find cobblers here, </p>

actually there is one that attends my church that i was planning on working with, but he became ill .</p>

i will have to do some research on this.</p>

the
                        clothing- 80% of , is produced in my atelier by myself and two other people the other 20% (knitwear)
                        we produced in jersey city, our orders have been very small, most of it
                        has been to private clients, we have just began to see some progress
                        with the wholesaling of the collection.</p>

hopefully it will be
                        better for FW2007. we are trying to find a showroom for this season ,
                        but this has been a pain in the arse-son, as the ones that are
                        interested, do not attract the stores that draws the customer we are
                        trying to reach, also they want us to lower the pricepoint, which is
                        not something we can afford to do and everyone one nowadays seems to be
                        about "good clean american sportswear" (God help us).</p>

enough of that though, as you asked only one question, and i dont want to bore you with my ramblings............
                        </p>

Comment

• mia
                          • Dec 2006

custom made / made to measure boots from * cant remember name * in hong kong</p>

</p>

heels have slight shaping so have nice rocking action when walking</p>

[laces have become abit hairy will replace with new leather thonging]</p>

</p>

[this was actually a sample pair that convieniently fitted me] </p>

</p>

next time im getting winklepickers made from leather printed with american dollars</p>

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Awesome boots. I love the blue laces on the black ones. What are winklepickers? [8-|]</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Finally tracked down some more pictures of Chalayan shoes. </p>

S/S 06. I love the higher heeled version of the knotted pumps.
                              </p>

</p>

A few from F/W 06--they look very comfy!</p>

</p>

Comment

• mia
                                • Dec 2006

^i love those white ones at the bottom right, i have some yohji sneakers that do a similar thing</p>

[quote user="laika"]
                                What are winklepickers? [8-|]</p>

[/quote]</p>

that smiley looks like me with my nerd eyes on..... pointy shoes.......or the pin used to pick a winkle from its shell...then theres the slang...
                                </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎