Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's Footwear

Default Re: Women's Footwear

Margiela</p>

</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

very nice, how much?......(borat)
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

[quote user="zamb"]very nice, how much?......(borat)
    [/quote]</p>

No price - I'm sure they are pretty damn expensive, like all Margiela footwear...</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I want to start making shoes, it is rather interesting that before i even knew i was going to be a designer, iattempted to make a pair of sandals from some scrap i found at a shoemaker shop where i used to live as a kid.</p>

also when i just started sewing, i had a friend who was an excellent shoemaker, he used to repair my sewing machine whenever it was giving problems, </p>

we had (and still do, less now than we once did) some really great artisans in Jamaica when i was growing up, the sad reality was that they were never really respected, as people then had an inferiority complex with repect to locally made products.</p>

this was one of the reasons why i left, as i thought i would never have accomplished the things i wanted to if i stayed.</p>

the irony is that.....not being there anymore i cannot really utilize the skills of the artisans effectively (or at all for that matter) </p>

One day though........one day
    </p>

we had really beautiful shoes though, albeit from leathers than were of inferior quality</p>

[quote user="zamb"]

I want to start making shoes, it is rather interesting that before i even knew i was going to be a designer, iattempted to make a pair of sandals from some scrap i found at a shoemaker shop where i used to live as a kid.</p>

also when i just started sewing, i had a friend who was an excellent shoemaker, he used to repair my sewing machine whenever it was giving problems, </p>

we had (and still do, less now than we once did) some really great artisans in Jamaica when i was growing up, the sad reality was that they were never really respected, as people then had an inferiority complex with repect to locally made products.</p>

this was one of the reasons why i left, as i thought i would never have accomplished the things i wanted to if i stayed.</p>

the irony is that.....not being there anymore i cannot really utilize the skills of the artisans effectively (or at all for that matter) </p>

One day though........one day
    </p>

we had really beautiful shoes though, albeit from leathers than were of inferior quality</p>

[/quote]</p>

What about finding good cobblers in NY? Where do you produce your clothes?
    </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

What about finding good cobblers in NY? Where do you produce your clothes?</p>

</p>

well, that is a good idea, to find cobblers here, </p>

actually there is one that attends my church that i was planning on working with, but he became ill .</p>

i will have to do some research on this.</p>

the
    clothing- 80% of , is produced in my atelier by myself and two other people the other 20% (knitwear)
    we produced in jersey city, our orders have been very small, most of it
    has been to private clients, we have just began to see some progress
    with the wholesaling of the collection.</p>

hopefully it will be
    better for FW2007. we are trying to find a showroom for this season ,
    but this has been a pain in the arse-son, as the ones that are
    interested, do not attract the stores that draws the customer we are
    trying to reach, also they want us to lower the pricepoint, which is
    not something we can afford to do and everyone one nowadays seems to be
    about "good clean american sportswear" (God help us).</p>

enough of that though, as you asked only one question, and i dont want to bore you with my ramblings............
    </p>

custom made / made to measure boots from * cant remember name * in hong kong</p>

</p>

heels have slight shaping so have nice rocking action when walking</p>

[laces have become abit hairy will replace with new leather thonging]</p>

</p>

[this was actually a sample pair that convieniently fitted me] </p>

</p>

next time im getting winklepickers made from leather printed with american dollars</p>

Awesome boots. I love the blue laces on the black ones. What are winklepickers? [8-|]</p>

</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Finally tracked down some more pictures of Chalayan shoes. </p>

S/S 06. I love the higher heeled version of the knotted pumps.
    </p>

</p>

A few from F/W 06--they look very comfy!</p>

</p>
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

^i love those white ones at the bottom right, i have some yohji sneakers that do a similar thing</p>

[quote user="laika"]
    What are winklepickers? [8-|]</p>

[/quote]</p>

that smiley looks like me with my nerd eyes on..... pointy shoes.......or the pin used to pick a winkle from its shell...then theres the slang...
    </p>

Laika, I love the high-heeled Chalayans as well. [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Collection Privee?</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Chie Mihara. I really like how her stuff looks. Not sure about the quality (for obvious reasons [:P])</p>

This first pair is sooo pretty.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

pretty, pretty, especially the first ones. I think the quality is excellent, especially for the price. The leather is super soft, and they are ridiculously comfortable--I can walk in the heels comfortably for hours.

Spring 07 shoes by Dries Van Noten</p>

</p>

love the batch on the right.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Ann Demeulemeester:</p>

</p>

</p>

Dries Van Noten:</p>

</p>

</p>

Yohji Yamamoto:</p>

</p>

</p>

thanks for posting, kucejoe! I have to say, this is not a good season for shoes. [:(] The Dries ones are pretty, of course, and Yohji is Yohji.</p>

But those Ann shoes....not so good, I don't think. Almost ugly. [:S]</p>