• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Women's Footwear

Laika, I love the high-heeled Chalayans as well. [Y]
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Collection Privee?</p>

</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Chie Mihara. I really like how her stuff looks. Not sure about the quality (for obvious reasons [:P])</p>

This first pair is sooo pretty.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

pretty, pretty, especially the first ones. I think the quality is excellent, especially for the price. The leather is super soft, and they are ridiculously comfortable--I can walk in the heels comfortably for hours.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Spring 07 shoes by Dries Van Noten</p>

</p>
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

love the batch on the right.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kucejoe
                • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester:</p>

</p>

</p>
                Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• kucejoe
                  • Sep 2006

Dries Van Noten:</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• kucejoe
                    • Sep 2006

Yohji Yamamoto:</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

thanks for posting, kucejoe! I have to say, this is not a good season for shoes. [:(] The Dries ones are pretty, of course, and Yohji is Yohji.</p>

But those Ann shoes....not so good, I don't think. Almost ugly. [:S]</p>

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

thanks for posting, kucejoe! I have to say, this is not a good season for shoes. [:(] The Dries ones are pretty, of course, and Yohji is Yohji.</p>

[/quote]</p>

We saw those Ann shoes in Liberty on Sunday and were shocked how tacky they looked.
                        </p>

Comment

• kucejoe
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]</p>

With the Ann shoes, you are quite right, except for the almost part, they are just ugly. I love Ann D. but those seem to be made for a crazy 80 year old woman who pretends to be a witch in her spare time.</p>

I cannot really comment on whether this is a good season for shoes or not, but I can say that fall/winter shoes are always more appealing to me. I much prefer seeing a woman in a beautiful pair of boots to one in some strappy sandal.</p>

Anyways, the Dries is nice, but I quite like the Yohji...I'm a sucker for combat boots, the mary janes are nice (except I cannot fathom why they are around 900 US!!...and more expensive than the combat boots). However, the description of the Yohji tall boots makes them appealing: </p>

"<span id="contenu"><span style="font-family: Arial,Verdana,Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 9pt; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 13pt; color: rgb(204, 152, 152);">2 piece boot. Boot goes to the ankle with a side zipper, and top has side zipper closure with braided detail on side."</span></span>
                          </p>

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

mmm... why am I always liking stuff other people here don't? haha. I kinda like the Ann D shoes this season, as much as I dont really like Ann D in general. On another note, I really like the blue pattent leather Marsell shoes this season. Might be hard to pull off, but the color is great and the shapes are interesting.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

kucejoe, I agree about the Yohji shoes--those boots sound amazing! The only thing that bothers me is the pointed toe. [:(] I have noticed that Junya and Comme also do this Western style with their boots often. I love his footwear in general though--last spring he had these very cute plimsolls that I adored, but couldn't manage $400 for a canvas shoe! </p>

deuxmille, what blue patent (!) Marsell shoes? How do you like these Balenciagas for next fall? [:P]</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• deuxmille
                                • Nov 2006

I just spilled my tea on my computer seeing those shoes, no kidding. I can't hate them because they remind me of those incredible jofa helmets in tron (see my avatar). I can't say I like them either, because they made me spill my tea ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎