Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosenrot
    • Aug 2010

^^ That's actually quite a clever closure. Do you have a formal training in footwear design and/or leathercraft?
    Originally posted by Patroklus
    Better too adventurous than not enough
    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Originally posted by rider
      here's a dilemma, if i had to choose between these 3 boots this season, the goal being that i would like to limit my purchase to 1, which should be "the One"? I'm aware this is a personal decision but i'd thought i would throw it out there to see what women on this board, who most likely own at least 1 or all 3 perhaps have to say.

1. Ann Demeulemeester's reissue combat boot (on Saks)
      2. Rick Owens wedge with the gills on top (runway)
      3. Guidi high heel mid calf (stealth til i can score them)

the temptation is great for all 3, but i'm starting to be more aware of my mortality [in fashion: the feeling of why do i need all this stuff], and realize i dont need so many shoes that they will outlive me. so... the plan this season is of a more frugal nature, to purchase only the one that i will wear the most, the boot that brings it all together and trips my mood fantastic.

perhaps, a senseless post but i guess its a good day when your biggest worry at 9am on a monday is what boot to buy...you never know what the rest of the day will bring.

TIA
      As I am an owner of Rick wedges, Guidis and Ann D boots, I can wholeheartedly say that if you must pick only one pair, get the Guidis.. They are such beautiful boots and you can pretty much wear them forever and with everything. They are also the most durable from these three (best quality).
      Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2011, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

ha, how did i know that was going to be the consensus...that's why i deleted the post, my decision was made no sooner than i finished typing.

flux, can i just say that i was thinking today that i wish i could get a pair of the guidi's in grungy buffalo leather.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by flux View Post
          . . . if you must pick only one pair, get the Guidis . . .
          Seconded. flux and I both own that high-heeled Guidi boot, rider, and I agree with everything she's saying. The Guidi's will really surprise you – because they'll look good with all of the things that the Ann & Rick boots won't.

I'd wear those fckers with a floor-length evening gown, lol. talk about worship..

Oh! ..and regarding your "Dorothy moment" with those red PH's – I gasped when I saw 'em in your post, hahaa. I have them in a greenish-grey color – but had those sanguine beauties been an option, I'da literally "spent the rent on red shoes", as the saying goes. ;)
          sain't

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

the deed is done, thanks to the szzlehood .

oh, in case anyone is interested these are on the bay.
            Last edited by rider; 06-21-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Aleks
              • Feb 2009

^ the description is absolutely hilarious

Comment

• Horses
                • Jun 2011

does anyone know what the fit is like on these http://www-us.farfetch.com/shopping/...m10096836.aspx true to size or large?

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

⬆ Ann's footwear, just like her clothes, generally (and deliberately) runs large. But given the narrow toe box on these, however, I'd honestly suggest keeping to your actual size instead of ordering smaller – and if there happens to be a little wiggle room, adding a thin pair of $5 foam insoles (like the ones from Dr. Scholl's), remedies the issue easily. It's usually her riding boots (or any style with a rounded toe) where sizing down becomes necessary for many people.

That's the best advice I can offer, without having personally tried this particular style on.. yet. ;)

Great boot, btw. Love it.
                  sain't

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

since we are on the topic of ann d and i spoke of a recent red shoe moment it seems once again if you think it and voice it...it happens.

they were practically free.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                      • Apr 2009

^ I just got those too, but in black suede. The red is really beautiful!

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

hear ya....loved the suede too, the ones with the laces up the back, right? last seasons boots were so under-rated, werent they? i think you had to see them to get the full effect of the perfect awkwardness.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                          • Apr 2009

The back-lace version was my favorite, but unfortunately I missed out on them (they were deeply discounted at Mona Moore but I waited too long)

The ones I ordered are just the basic tall version but in suede- it seemed like there were so many variations! I really wasn't a fan of them until I saw them in person. I also preferred the black-stitching variations to the contrasting white/tan stitching around the toe...

This season I'm lusting after these:

I thought I would like the front-lace versions better, but I actually prefer the cleaner front with the lacing in the back.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

those are sexy, ftg.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Racefortheprize
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by asho View Post
                              Some shoes I have made recently that I thought may be of interest.

Tie-dyed calf leather foldover shoe for women.

I love these! Very nice. Do have any others in the same vein?

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

margielas for fall winter.
                                ...graceful but so covertly dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢