Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's Footwear

I might warm up to them the more I look at them, but to me they are too hoof-like (I had a horse once). Though I shouldn't talk, because I've been fixated on Margiela's tabi "hoof" for a while. My boyfriend thinks they're horrendous, but I don't dress for him, now do I? (I have to remind him)

There hasn't really been a lot of shoes I've gone nuts over this fall. I'm trying to focus more on practical less-trendy shoes than previous seasons, when I've gone a bit shoe crazy and bought shoes on impulse! Though thigh-high boots are tempting me this fall...

I know these aren't very interesting, but I love the colour and the fact that they're snakeskin and look like they're shedding. I guess it's something about the skin looking "alive" that I like. And the pale lilac would be nice with black.

But these Margielas are my favorite this fall (as I just bought them too) because they are really comfortable, walkable, but still a bit interesting due to the heel shape.

I really like the quirky heel shape of those Margielas, must recommend it to the girl.
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

I'm not feeling louboutin anymore, something about the proportion seems off to me now, but I love the skin

I also used to lust for the margiela tabi "hoof" shoes, but I tried them on and you need to have very narrow and straight feet to wear them with any degree of comfort. this is not my case, so one grail less for me

(also, Faust, you probably found out but the cork is I think actual cork, anyway it feels so to the touch. I almost bought the boots version, but had second thoughts and then they didn't have my size anymore. I'm not heartbroken, but they do look fun)

those are ugly
    scenes from the russian fashion-film Gloss spring to mind

Margiela booties are fantastic.

Speaking of skins, I am loving the python details on DVN footwear this season. I rarely fall really in love with a shoe, but I am a sucker for hidden embellishments like this.

Those closed ones are sexy, laika. This is the kind of stuff Helmut was so good at - kink underneath normality.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^i was thinking luxury under the ordinary, but ok, kinky is good too!

I love these boots from Haider--VB made some very similar ones that I really regret not purchasing. The contrast of the skinny heel with the sturdy laces and toe is great.

Coppelia Pique laced stilettos

^those are actually designed by Vicente Rey. Coppelia Pique styled the image.

good to know. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    ^i was thinking luxury under the ordinary, but ok, kinky is good too!

I love these boots from Haider--VB made some very similar ones that I really regret not purchasing. The contrast of the skinny heel with the sturdy laces and toe is great.

Agreed! Ann has done a similar pair as well.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

i actually think ann did that concept best, for some reason i always think of haider as following ann in footwear and rick in clothing concepts. i've had discussions with anna of mona moore about this. rick owens also did a similar concept before he found his wedge niche. to me, ann and veronique seem to be most successful, if not the originators, of new ideas (at least of this bunch). i also prefer the way ann added the waffle sole and the exaggerated round front end on her version, they were the perfect balance (and kinky as hell).

dries is another innovator and he never keeps it the same each season, always seems to have a knack for tying the shoe in as an extension of the garments. the man is brilliant when it comes to femininity and sexuality without one overshadowing the other.

I remember only one pair of RO boots done in this style, and they were very different (but also really sexy in that raw way Rick can serve it). Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by MonaDahl View Post
    It's all the same kind of heavy sole/platform with the stiletto heel and rounded toe.

Thanks, Mona. I was referring to the middle ones. Possibly my most favorite women's boots ever.

EDIT: I suppose lacing is the key element that's missing here - that's why I did not relate Rick's offerings to Haider's.
    Last edited by Faust; 09-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I wish more women would wear nice boots.

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    ^those are actually designed by Vicente Rey. Coppelia Pique styled the image.
    Ah he's the guy I was thinking of going to for these stingray pumps I've been dreaming of. Any experience/feedback about him? He supposedly does made-to-measure as well, which is probably good since I find most of his designs I've seen too extravagant, sometimes even bordering on trashy

This whole debate is nothing but wish-thinking. Men dress much worse than women, period.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

i dunno, i find many women in nyc and of course, LA, who couldn;t dress themselves without elle or vogue or a SITC dvd handy. plus, when women fail at dressing themselves, they fail spectacularly. men usually just bore me to death.

These blanket statements are really useless. Let's move on, please.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

fair enough, and not trying to stir the pot, but didn't you just make a blanket statement that men generally dress worse than women?