X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mizzar
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by rider View Post
    long since sold out, damir doma's wedge shoe ...one of the greatest shoes out there. really bummed about missing out until i found a very old, fairly similar pair by robert clergerie i've had in the back of my closet for years, they are so closely related (does anyone remember when he did crepe soles?? long ago).
    I think i know one shop in ukraine wich have this damir doma wedges.
    But i don't think they have any website, and the price are like +70% of retail.
    ____
    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• perplexe
      • May 2010

The Damir Doma wedges are definitely wedge-ish, kind of having mixed feelings.

Really digging these at Lanvin
      Last edited by perplexe; 09-26-2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

the rick owens in the picture were returned when i found a pair of buffalo wedges from last season on extreme sale...same height so i guess i can fairly say that although not a boot i would wear if i had to be on my feet all day they are comfortable enough for limited trekking and def solid construction.

thanks for the info on the doma's, i really appreciate it. ln-cc, an affiliate boutique are getting the over the knee version, so lets hope this search ends well, send good karma my way please.

perplexe, there was a jil sander shoe a couple of seasons ago that closely resemble that lanvin. liked it then and now just as much.

Comment

• perplexe
          • May 2010

Thought those Lanvin ones looked familiar.

(You can probably tell that I'm a bit boot crazy )

imgs: ln-cc.com

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

A new shoe line called Cherevichki ot Vichki out of London. All raw reptile hides. These will be at Dover Street Market.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fromher2eternity
              • Jul 2010

Very impressive, nice to see exotic leathers manipulated in artisan way for a womenswear designer. brings a femininity that you dont get with guidi, harnden or poell.

Comment

• mizzar
                • Mar 2008

Roughly translates to "ботиночки от Вики" from ukranian.
                Виктория Андреева? - как неожиданно.
                Very nice and good looking shoes.
                ____
                sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• those shoes are extraordinarily.... puzzling to me.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

these damir doma boots have gorgeous lines, they make a statement but dont scream it. i dont know how something with such a huge crepe sole can be sexy but they sure are.

ln-cc, the most accommodating store on this earth, has them in stock, at least for now...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                      • Aug 2011

I've never been able to understand over the knee boots, but these are very nice. They're subtle and simple enough to avoid looking like hooker boots. I prefer the regular shoe version though :)

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        A new shoe line called Cherevichki ot Vichki out of London. All raw reptile hides. These will be at Dover Street Market.

the best footwear in this batch are the masculine looking ones, which has nothing original about them..............the women ones are not that nice...........the leather(s) look nice but the styles seem so dated and matronly
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by GlassOrganelle View Post
                          I've never been able to understand over the knee boots, but these are very nice. They're subtle and simple enough to avoid looking like hooker boots. I prefer the regular shoe version though :)
                          Oh yeah?

Those Damir ones are not my cup of tea. Womens' footwear design has the advantage of vertical variability that (most) mens' footwear designs lack. These ones strike me as being a little flat, though I've never been big on creepers.
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• perplexe
                            • May 2010

The Damir ones, though I don't hate them, just remind me too much of astronaut boots to be honest. And perhaps I would wear them on the moon. La la la..

Over-the-knee boots, hoping that they're not shiny pleather, are just so sexy, especially the Rick ones BeauIXI posted. Being average height or tall also helps..

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by perplexe View Post
                              Being average height or tall also helps..
                              So does a 4" heel with a 1" platform, as those Rick boots do indeed have.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• perplexe
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                                So does a 4" heel with a 1" platform, as those Rick boots do indeed have.
                                A heel definitely does help in terms of adding height for sure! Having longer legs also pulls off the over-the-knee part of the boot, and no offence to les femmes petites.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎