Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fadetogrey
    • Apr 2009

Thought I would attempt to revive this thread....

I was blown away with these guidi boots! I am really drawn to the colour in the first pair: seems impractical, which I love, and would get better with age/scuffs.

and these with that huge exposed zipper up the back

Comment

• pipcleo
      • Jan 2007

if you have suitable shins of which im sure you do
      i say yay for the first pair
      the second appear somewhat equestrian

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I love both, fadetogrey. I have a weakness for equestrian boots.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I don't know, the front looks like a hoof. Nice in bed and all, but kinda weird for other occasions. Who are these by?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Schadenfreude
            • Jan 2008

i dont mind them looking like a hoof although i do mind the way they curve up. im sure its for comfort while walking but i would much rather that part be flat.
            Originally posted by ddohnggo
            fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• fadetogrey
              • Apr 2009

I might warm up to them the more I look at them, but to me they are too hoof-like (I had a horse once). Though I shouldn't talk, because I've been fixated on Margiela's tabi "hoof" for a while. My boyfriend thinks they're horrendous, but I don't dress for him, now do I? (I have to remind him)

There hasn't really been a lot of shoes I've gone nuts over this fall. I'm trying to focus more on practical less-trendy shoes than previous seasons, when I've gone a bit shoe crazy and bought shoes on impulse! Though thigh-high boots are tempting me this fall...

I know these aren't very interesting, but I love the colour and the fact that they're snakeskin and look like they're shedding. I guess it's something about the skin looking "alive" that I like. And the pale lilac would be nice with black.

But these Margielas are my favorite this fall (as I just bought them too) because they are really comfortable, walkable, but still a bit interesting due to the heel shape.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

I really like the quirky heel shape of those Margielas, must recommend it to the girl.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

I'm not feeling louboutin anymore, something about the proportion seems off to me now, but I love the skin

I also used to lust for the margiela tabi "hoof" shoes, but I tried them on and you need to have very narrow and straight feet to wear them with any degree of comfort. this is not my case, so one grail less for me

(also, Faust, you probably found out but the cork is I think actual cork, anyway it feels so to the touch. I almost bought the boots version, but had second thoughts and then they didn't have my size anymore. I'm not heartbroken, but they do look fun)

Comment

• pipcleo
                    • Jan 2007

those are ugly
                    scenes from the russian fashion-film Gloss spring to mind

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Margiela booties are fantastic.

Speaking of skins, I am loving the python details on DVN footwear this season. I rarely fall really in love with a shoe, but I am a sucker for hidden embellishments like this.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Those closed ones are sexy, laika. This is the kind of stuff Helmut was so good at - kink underneath normality.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

^i was thinking luxury under the ordinary, but ok, kinky is good too!

I love these boots from Haider--VB made some very similar ones that I really regret not purchasing. The contrast of the skinny heel with the sturdy laces and toe is great.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

Coppelia Pique laced stilettos

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

^those are actually designed by Vicente Rey. Coppelia Pique styled the image.

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

good to know. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡