Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

i actually meant maybe i was feeling bad needlessly, but i appreciate your comments/perspective.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
      Ah he's the guy I was thinking of going to for these stingray pumps I've been dreaming of. Any experience/feedback about him? He supposedly does made-to-measure as well, which is probably good since I find most of his designs I've seen too extravagant, sometimes even bordering on trashy
      No idea, sorry, and his website is not very helpful either. The work that I've seen by him is very theatrical, often bordering on the fetishistic (which I also associate with trashy), and I can't say that I'm a fan. On the other hand, there is a certain delicacy in his treatment of difficult materials (feathers, lace, etc.) that makes me suspect he is probably quite talented.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
        i actually think ann did that concept best, for some reason i always think of haider as following ann in footwear and rick in clothing concepts. i've had discussions with anna of mona moore about this. rick owens also did a similar concept before he found his wedge niche. to me, ann and veronique seem to be most successful, if not the originators, of new ideas (at least of this bunch). i also prefer the way ann added the waffle sole and the exaggerated round front end on her version, they were the perfect balance (and kinky as hell).

dries is another innovator and he never keeps it the same each season, always seems to have a knack for tying the shoe in as an extension of the garments. the man is brilliant when it comes to femininity and sexuality without one overshadowing the other.
        Nice overview, I wonder where AF Vandevorst fits in? They are also fond of this hoof-like shape (sometimes too literally), and they make some of the absolute best boots, imo.

And speaking of Dries, look what I found....i've given up on the kiltie (way too librarian in person ) so maybe this could be the one?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by laika View Post
          No idea, sorry, and his website is not very helpful either. The work that I've seen by him is very theatrical, often bordering on the fetishistic (which I also associate with trashy), and I can't say that I'm a fan. On the other hand, there is a certain delicacy in his treatment of difficult materials (feathers, lace, etc.) that makes me suspect he is probably quite talented.

Thanks laika, that's what I figured from what I saw by him. I guess I'll just have to find out if I can get him to do what I want and how much it would cost. Some of his feather pumps are gorgeous, but yeah I agree on your take on the fetish/trashy aspect

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
            Nice overview, I wonder where AF Vandevorst fits in? They are also fond of this hoof-like shape (sometimes too literally), and they make some of the absolute best boots, imo.

And speaking of Dries, look what I found....i've given up on the kiltie (way too librarian in person ) so maybe this could be the one?

Hit!!

AFV boots are awesome. Remember a few years ago they did an insane run of riders boots.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

laika, wow, great find. those dries really do hit a home run, more so than most ive seen this season. i find the criss cross straps really add to the refinement of the boot.

faust and laika, im not that familiar with AF V shoes but based on your recommendations most certainly will get more so. thanks.

asia, that was a brilliant anniversary collection.

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

let me give this a try. some of the footwear i am currently enjoying.

phi boots
                ma+ boots
                finsk ankle boots, a new discovery for me.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Nice. Especially like the grandMA+ boots, buckles and all.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pipcleo
                    • Jan 2007

looking for a stockist of augusta womens shoes

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Does such a thing exist?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pipcleo
                        • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• shawn
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                          I apologize for the generalization faust, I'm a bit frustrated with the women in this city. However, if I was a woman looking for a guy in this city I would commit hari-kari.

back on topic

I absolutely love womens shoes.
                          cool, love it too. what's the brand of it by the way?

Comment

• deleuze
                            • Jul 2007

Mona Moore used to stock Augusta but unfortunately Simone stopped producing women's shoes after S/S 09

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

monamoore.com stocked womens augusta until this season,
                              they may still have a few pairs in the sale section if you're lucky/can find a good size (probably not unless she has big feet.) I bought a pair of reversed calf lace-ups from there marked down 70 percent. they had those ma+ boots pictured above marked down for some time too i think if i recall correctly...its worth calling too, sometimes they have items on sale that's not pictured on the website.

edit: sorry to repeat deleuze, the connection was not loading properly.
                              Last edited by christianef; 09-15-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Aleks
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shawn View Post
                                cool, love it too. what's the brand of it by the way?
                                helmut lang

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎