X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Finally got around to seeing "Arrival". First off, opening with Max Richter really hit me with the nostalgia train you dirty dog.

Anyway, it's Star Trek: The Next Generation "Darmok" episode having a baby with Darren Aronofsky's "The Fountain", in a nutshell. Pretty good movie otherwise. Would have casted different actors though. Played into some unfortunately common tropes as well.
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
      Finally got around to seeing "Arrival". First off, opening with Max Richter really hit me with the nostalgia train you dirty dog.

Anyway, it's Star Trek: The Next Generation "Darmok" episode having a baby with Darren Aronofsky's "The Fountain", in a nutshell. Pretty good movie otherwise. Would have casted different actors though. Played into some unfortunately common tropes as well.
      Hahahaha! Yeah, it got a bit maudlin, didn't it...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

Sigh... Ghost in the shell..

Comment

• goldsamxo
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
          Sigh... Ghost in the shell..
          Going to get drunk before-hand and go see it. Don't have high expectations - just want to see a lot of pretty Neo-Tokyo ; will I be lucky in that regard? Hearing mixed reviews about the whole movie...
          Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
          Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

If you just wanted to see the world design then yes you'll probably won't be disappointed.

Everything else tho.. I don't wanna get to much into the spoiler land. I'll criticize this thing later once everyone has seen it.

Comment

• Sufi
              • Jan 2017

Watched Personal Shopper recently, pretty solid film. Kristen Stewart did a fine job in her role.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Watched La La Land on a plane. It was endearing, but I don't understand how it got nominated for a bunch of Oscars...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• underdog
                  • Aug 2009

If you have the chance please check out A QUIET PASSION - a theatrical biopic about Emily Dickinson. Terrence Davies, in my humble opinion is the greatest living British director and the film is something else. Its in no way a stodgy period film on a wispy poet. The film shows Dickinson as a sharp witted contrarian figure and not made for her times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3SyPbUTEeU&t=16s

Comment

• mne
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Sufi View Post
                    Watched Personal Shopper recently, pretty solid film. Kristen Stewart did a fine job in her role.

Started watching it yesterday and passed out half way through. Don't know if it's a good sign but will make up my mind once I finish the whole thing. Might need to sleep on it some more ha. And yeah, Kirsten Stewart wasn't annoying this time - yay.

Comment

• mne
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Watched La La Land on a plane. It was endearing, but I don't understand how it got nominated for a bunch of Oscars...
                      I'm not a fan of musicals so I was a bit apprehensive with La La Land at first, but I must admit - I did enjoy it. Oh Oscars - they sprinkle them on everyone when really there is no need and then overlook true cinematographic gems...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Forgot to add that I also watched Moonlight, and it was a fine film. Someone made a video (it's on YouTube) about how it's heavily influenced by Wong Kar-wai and I could totally see that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mne
                          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Forgot to add that I also watched Moonlight, and it was a fine film. Someone made a video (it's on YouTube) about how it's heavily influenced by Wong Kar-wai and I could totally see that.
                          Yes! I totally agree

Comment

• vah
                            • Aug 2016

Might be remembering wrong here but think Barry Jenkins mentioned in an interview that a lot of the shots in Moonlight are direct references to Wong Kar-wai's films.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

Finally got around to watching Rogue One. I can see that character development is a thing of the past now. Was pretty boring. Just another Michael Bay / J.J. Abrams explosion fest. Sigh.
                              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

My brief review of the newly digitally restored version of Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker - if you are in New York, go see it, this week only!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎