Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monoral
    • Mar 2014

I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't go with Rinko Kikuchi as the major. Heck she even looks like Major Kusanagi in Pacific Rim. Yeah yeah bankability yadayada, still a miss opportunity.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Watched The Revenant on my OLED and mind was blown again. Haters gonna hate - I remain an Inaritu fan.
      I have a hard time taking anyone hating on that movie even remotely seriously..Even if someone thought the story or the acting left more to be desired, the cinematography and score alone are enough to make it a phenomenal watch.

Comment

• GucciAmen
        • Sep 2014

Watched Young Frankenstein the other day, Gene Wilder is a real treat.

Also saw Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, great low budget crime thriller, inadvertently had me getting a bit introspective.

Comment

• Monoral
          • Mar 2014

Solaris (1972)

Deeply philosophical and poetic.

This one can be watch on Youtube.

Comment

• GucciAmen
            • Sep 2014

Solaris was fantastic. Wasn't entirely feeling it until the last 30 minutes or so, but towards the end it wrapped up beautifully.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
              • Sep 2015

I knew this GITS live action was going to be awful, but these teasers just make my heart sink. Not to mention the fact that this could very well be many people's first and only experience with GITS, what's painful to me is that isn't ScarJo's real hair... they couldn't even be bothered to have her commit to that hairstyle... I'm conflicted on whether I'm going to spend money to watch them send one of my favorite franchises to the deepest pits of hell for the trainwreck that it's going to be, or just avoid it like the plague.
              who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Went to a screening of the new Pedro Almodovar film, Julieta, based on the novel Runaway by Alice Munro. I found it flat and quite dull. It lacked any edge that the previous Almodovar films possess. Quite disappointing, really.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mk85
                  • Mar 2014

Re: Brasil - try Delicatessen and City of Lost Children - early Jeunet films.
                  Well, and maybe 12 Monkeys?
                  Such a good selection - great taste there!

Anyone seen any interesting movies lately from 15/16?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

I recently noticed I could no longer find Criterion collection movies on Hulu. Apparently, without any notice, Criterion has now moved to a new streaming channel, FilmStruck, with TCM, and now you have to pay $10.99 a month...which currently doesn't work on most streaming devices. So we get to watch these wonderful classics on a laptop, iPad, or iPhone screen.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Good news, however:

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Surprised no one's posted this yet. The trailer looks good aesthetically. I don't have too much hope, but hey, it's Ridley, so it's like a lottery - you never know. I actually like the casting of Gosling as the main character!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

They're certainly not giving much away with this. My hope is that they are fully aware that it's much more likely they will fuck this up than make it a worthy sequel. At the moment, visuals and sound are pointing in the right direction, even the VO from Gosling in the beginning sounds true to the original (although everyone hated the VOs in the original). Actually surprised to see Ford in it, considering how much he hated the original when it came out. Guess he is finally over it.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Surprised no one's posted this yet. The trailer looks good aesthetically. I don't have too much hope, but hey, it's Ridley, so it's like a lottery - you never know. I actually like the casting of Gosling as the main character!
                            Hahaha. Exactly. He's so hit or miss. - I'm looking at you Robin Hood >.>

Random note - Gosling's character's styling in The Place Beyond the Pines was amazing.

Re: Ford - Just checked what he's upto on Wikipedia - Indiana Jones 5 (2019) - YIKES

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                              Hahaha. Exactly. He's so hit or miss. - I'm looking at you Robin Hood >.>

Random note - Gosling's character's styling in The Place Beyond the Pines was amazing.

Re: Ford - Just checked what he's upto on Wikipedia - Indiana Jones 5 (2019) - YIKES
                              Ford has been recycled to no end, hasn't he (Star Waras, too). It's kind of said to see Hollywood desperately clinging to franchises and remakes. I haven't been to a movie theater with the exception for obliging my daughter in a year. Oh, well, it's TV and the comfort of my own home, then :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Saw La La Land last night. Hard not to fall in love with, and I HATE musicals. The cinematography and styling and set design is insane. Somewhere between Miles Aldridge and Gregory Crewdson. What a flash of colour and song.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎