Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

watching hideo gosha's (top 5 director for me) 'the wolves' for the 2nd time this month. features a final battle between tatsuya nakadai and isao natsuyagi, with natsuyagi having a tattoo-unveiling mie set to a badass as fuck sangen soundtrack by masaru sato. also stars noboru ando who is badass as fuck in his own right.

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

i think the rock and armageddon, and to an extent benjamin button are 'important' and therefore fitting into criterion's sensibilities simply for their technical achievements.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

Would that be the same japanese samurai film I have on my harddrive in a folder just called WOLVES most likely? I should get around to watching that - I keep forgetting about it and it's been sitting there since March probably.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

i don't know but i suggest you watch the last 10 minutes RIGHT N0W

but maybe it's something else, since this takes place during the showa period and it's actually a yakuza film

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

i remember seeing the first few minutes that i loaded on my ipod with people leaving prison so i'm guessing that it's the same thing but i forgot to put subtitles on so i didn't finish it

will watch
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

yeh that's the one M Y DU

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

The Rock is Michael Bay's best film, for what it's worth.

revisited LA Confidential over the weekend. Forgot how good Russell Crowe was.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mamaboy
                  • Mar 2008

"love is a devil"....so strange to see james bond as a francis bacon lover.....
                  but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by gutpocho View Post
                    I once read an interview of the director, Pascal Laugier, in which he talks about concepts like trascendence and "What We Do From The Pain", the movie is supposed to be unconfortable to prove this points, being more a reflexive movie more than a horror/exploitation one.

Just watched MARTYRS last weekend. (SPOILER AS WELL!)
                    Normally Iam uncomfortable with gore and violence BUT this movie grabs your attention right away and sucks you in even as the plot begins and justifies the horrible scenes of torture. It was dis-orienting knowing the story and seeing it unfold so quickly But it all made sense right as She frees the girl found in the chamber below. I has a sleepless night and the first thing my wife and I discussed on awakening was how the movie impacted us. So was it Shame and guilt that made her pull the trigger in the end?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The Interview. It was pretty good. I wonder if it borrowed from the Usual Suspects though...
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Huxley
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by merz
                        just saw trailer for the road. for some reason, 2 minutes into it the sound engineer used the infamous 'Gut-wrenching Scream And Fall Into Distance' also sometimes called 'the starcraft scream' as its used by the terran marines. which was so out of place, i lol'd.
                        It's a good thing that the film won't be anything like the terribly misleading trailer.

That's the burden carried by an Aussie's adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's beloved novel. Almost no one has seen it. Well, we did. This is interesting... do you have a second?

Comment

• reborn
                          • Aug 2008

...saw Star-Trek. It was awesome.

Comment

• Jonn
                            • Mar 2008

I just saw As Tears go by by WKW the first time. What a great debut. I actually prefer it to his slower-paced works. Couldn't help thinking of Akira when i was watching it. I read somewhere the ending is cut short. Has anyone seen the full version?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Saw The Wrestler. Really great film - powerful and without gratuitous violence or sex. Well done.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                                ^I have to review it, I loved it the first time.

Can't wait to see Thirst (park chan wook), The white Ribbon (haneke) and the infamous Antichrist by lars "I'm a joker" von trier.
                                I'm with you wire, the 3 above are the movies i want to see more from Cannes (at least from the official selection), Von Trier calling himself "the greatest movie director",shocking the audience with his Anti-christ and dedicating this movie to Tarkovsky were the best moments in this year festival by far.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎