Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calimero
    • Jul 2010

Yeah i know, but for my age it's an "old movie" but it's nothing gross :) Talking of Stalker/Tarkowski all his movies is on my list-to-see. And thanks for the video of Heroic Purgatory, really made me want to see this too.

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

I watched the movie Real Steel yesterday. Good one.
      I recommend it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Anyways, I love his clothes (can't find good pictures).

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Love and Death. Almost died laughing. First time in ages that I wished I smoked a blunt for that one.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Just saw Eraserhead for the first time. Well, actually it was the second time but I cancelled the first approach as I felt my laptop screen was just too small for the atmosphere of the movie. Now, I watched it on a big TV and damn, that thing was intense. I think I am not going to see it again, although it was kind of good. But definitely one of Lynch's best movies.

Regarding Melancholia I must say I've enjoyed other movies by LvT more. While the first part was great (including K.Dunst as an actress), I didn't like the whole judgement day / planet crash thing the second half was about. Still worth watching though...
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

What does exactly "enjoying" a LvT mean?

Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy yesterday. As good as a spy movie gets
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acéphale
              • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                What does exactly "enjoying" a LvT mean?
                Yeah, you're right. Kind of an oxymoron ...
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

Going home for a weekend....incidentally there's a film festival happening with a few titles i can't wait to see. I've already ordered my tickets to Steve McQueen's SHAME and Béla Tarr's THE TURIN HORSE. (can't wait for that one)
                  Wondering if anyone has seen either of these? Also wondering if anyone has had a chance to see Nuri Bilge Ceylan's Once Upon a Time in Anatolia? I am a Ceylan fan but it is showing the same day as the McQueen, though I will have time to see both, i'm not sure if my brain can handle all three in what will end up being a 24 hour time period. I think seeing the Tarr alone will leave my brain completely demolished for a good week. (watched the first 5 minutes or so from tpb bootleg floating around and well, brain blown)..don't want to regret not seeing it (the ceylan) on the silver screen though....

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

Comment

• klangspiel
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                      Going home for a weekend....incidentally there's a film festival happening with a few titles i can't wait to see. I've already ordered my tickets to Steve McQueen's SHAME and Béla Tarr's THE TURIN HORSE. (can't wait for that one)
                      Wondering if anyone has seen either of these? Also wondering if anyone has had a chance to see Nuri Bilge Ceylan's Once Upon a Time in Anatolia? I am a Ceylan fan but it is showing the same day as the McQueen, though I will have time to see both, i'm not sure if my brain can handle all three in what will end up being a 24 hour time period.
                      that depends. if the mcqueen is sandwiched between tarr and ceylan in that 24 hour period, i'd do all 3 for the simple pleasure of the mcqueen appearing like a pointless filmic fodder in between the two behemoths. :)

or just load up on strong caffeine for the duration of that day.

but seriously, definitely do not miss the tarr and the ceylan. both i'm going as far to say are their best work yet. (obviously for tarr, we can only hope this isn't his last film). the ceylan is an ambitious work with a sense of measuredness and ellipsis that harkens back to grand old-school auteur sensibilities like tarkovsky, ozu, aleksei german sr..
                      to say that it's rich and multi-layered wouldn't even begin to skim the density of its surface. if you're a fan, you shouldn't need any convincing to go see it.

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

yeah, thanks for bringing me back to reality - how in the world could i miss the ceylan?!?! just ordered tickets.
                        and lol@mcqueen i think i'm hoping for more than it actually will be.
                        watched hunger again to get in the mood for next weekend...but i watched it after tearing through the fountainhas trilogy. needless to say, it did seem a bit like pointless filmic fodder!

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

i really wanted to see that (once upon a time in anatolia); it was screening at the film festival here last month but i was in between cities and missed it. never saw the trailer until now actually, thanks. heh.

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

and for the record, to be sure, that's not the first scene of turin horse.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

good to see you made it out alright, laughed.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Atmosphere
                                • Jan 2010

I feel like I have to see the whole movie after seeing the opening scene of The Turin Horse. Not sure how to get my hands on it though...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎