Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

If stylezeitgeist was a warehouse instead of a forum, I imagine it would look something like that.

(maldador, just noticed your location. I presume you're a lovecraft fan.)
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Atmosphere
      • Jan 2010

So, I got to see The Turin Horse at the cinema. There's only one word for it: amazing. Not quite as good as Damnation, but still quite an incredible movie. I'm gutted this was Mr. Tarr's, supposedly, final work...

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

Turin Horse was beyond incredible. I really loved Werckmeister Harmonies as well.

Comment

• asdf123
          • Jan 2010

Seen Godard's Vivre sa vie recently. Definitively one of the best films that I've watched.

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
            So, I got to see The Turin Horse at the cinema. There's only one word for it: amazing. Not quite as good as Damnation, but still quite an incredible movie. I'm gutted this was Mr. Tarr's, supposedly, final work...
            Hey, I reckon you are from Stockholm. Then you must have seen it at Cinemateket right? If so, we went to the same show. How I thought I had a sharp eye for fellow members!

I saw the film and loved the repetetive pattern of human lives. There is one particular scene with the horseman I'll just have to print into my mind for a particular project. There was this couple just in front of me, starting to make out during the monologue, and I like tapped the guy's ear "EXCUSE ME, I'm trying to watch this film" and he went bizarre. He started to scratch his knee and just couldn't sit still. It all ended with them leaving the film. Curtains.

Comment

• Acéphale
              • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• Atmosphere
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by rottentomatoes. View Post
                Hey, I reckon you are from Stockholm. Then you must have seen it at Cinemateket right? If so, we went to the same show. How I thought I had a sharp eye for fellow members!

I saw the film and loved the repetetive pattern of human lives. There is one particular scene with the horseman I'll just have to print into my mind for a particular project. There was this couple just in front of me, starting to make out during the monologue, and I like tapped the guy's ear "EXCUSE ME, I'm trying to watch this film" and he went bizarre. He started to scratch his knee and just couldn't sit still. It all ended with them leaving the film. Curtains.
                You're absolutely correct, I'm from Stockholm and watched it at Cinemateket. Same here, didn't think I saw anyone dressing as a member from here...

Haha, I actually noticed a couple leaving, and wondered what the fuck they were doing.

Comment

• eleven crows
                  • Mar 2011

man, i hate it when somebody just posts a youtube trailer or the movie poster. tell me about those monster movies please, acephale. or did you just watch the trailers on youtube? they can be pretty hard to find.

as for me, i'm slowly making my way through the video nasties. as seen here:

bit of a back story to em, which i won't bore you with. just check out the wikipedia page if you're keen. some of these are absolute horror classics. texas chainsaw massacre, evil dead, zombi 2 and whatnot.

not on the list was burial ground: the nights of terror. fucking lol. that about sums up this thing. i'm going to have to link a video for this one. the best part; there's a kid in the movie, except they weren't allowed to cast a kid so they got a midget. creeped my girlfriend out big time. check out the little guy:

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Saw The Tree of Life yesterday. What a cheesy movie . Do not get the hype.
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was good! Beautiful cinematography, Mara's acting is totally kick-ass, and Reznor/Ross soundtrack was a perfect fit.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KM80
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                        as for me, i'm slowly making my way through the video nasties. as seen here:
                        I've always had a bit of a dream to collect all of the video nasties on VHS and recreate an epic video store wall in my own home!

I've got to start on that soon...

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was good! Beautiful cinematography, Mara's acting is totally kick-ass, and Reznor/Ross soundtrack was a perfect fit.
                          I've yet to see it (but plan on it), but was it as good as the Swedish version? I saw the American version of Let the Right One In (Let Me In) in theaters, and it was sadly disappointing as it was just not as good as the Swedish version.(Unnecessary use of CG, weird pacing, less cohesive overall, etc). Did The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo fall victim to the same pitfalls?
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I was afraid of the same thing, but it was as good, if not better. Mind you, I have not read the book, so I can only judge the two films. I don't think Fincher took many liberties there, except to give more room to Lisbeth's falling for Mikael. Oh, and her outfits were better :-) Some awesome goth ninja stuff.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

^ I was actually hoping for a movie to movie comparison, so I'm glad you didn't read the book on this one XD
                              I was worried when they casted Daniel Craig because I've never seen him in anything particularly good, so thank you for abating my fear.
                              It might also help that I used to listen to a lot of NIN.

On a side note: I saw a screening of the French film "The Hedgehog" tonight...absolutely fantastic. A Japanese character with a minimalistic style in both self and home with a penchant for Tolstoy doesn't hurt either.
                              Last edited by Ahimsa; 12-31-2011, 01:50 AM.
                              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Down In Albion
                                • Sep 2008

just saw it last night, was great. love lisbeth's styling the entire way through. rick owens and a chelsea hawk

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎