X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klangspiel
    • Apr 2007

Re: LOST

my impression of lynch is forever tainted by a certain tic-riddled linguistically combustible idiot savant from slovenia.
    man loves his lynch (and lenin) and should consider a career in stand-up.

</p>

Comment

• klangspiel
      • Apr 2007

[quote user="Diego"]Jodorowsky's holy mountain, [/quote]</p>

it's interesting that jodorowsky was initially slated to adapt dune before
      lynch got the job. and he wanted dali cast as the emperor!
      </p>

i prefer fando y lis best - a brutal depiction of fragility.
      </p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

[quote user="klangspiel"]

lynch got the job. and he wanted dali cast as the emperor! </p>

[/quote]</p>

So sad to think how amazing Jodorowsky's Dune would have been as well as Son of El Topo which the producers pulled the plug on in the early 90s after filming had supposedly begun. Now dude does Tarot readings or astrology or something. </p>
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="klangspiel"]

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

And with Moebius and Giger doing some of the production design, that would have been great, definitely better than Lynch's, I actually have met some crew that came to Mexico city to work for the project and when it came down they decided to stay and are still active in the business today. </p>

I own fando y lis and santa sangre (japanese laserdisc) and like them both very much but nothing like el topo (my favorite) or holy mountain, maybe it's just what I was going through when I first saw each of them.</p>

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"]check my avatar to see a harkonnen by moebius
            [/quote]</p>

Saw that, very nice here are emperor (Dali) and a storyboard by him</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;"></span></p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

Pink floyd was supposed to do the music, and if the soundtrack for More and The valley are an indication of what they could do designing music for movies, that would have been amazing too. </p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;"></span>

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

speaking of Dali, am very much looking forward to watching Pacino play Dali in his later years in the upcoming biopic out next year...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

I forgot all about that Pink Floyd soundtrack for Dune. Really that has to be the greatest movie never made. All this stuff about Moebius makes me so nostalgic. I used to devour Heavy Metal magazine as a kid. A while back I made a comment how certain *********** designers make clothes that seem virtually inspired by him. I'm sure you guys are also familiar with Phillipe Druillet:</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span> </p>
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Diego"][quote user="klangspiel"]

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

And with Moebius and Giger doing some of the production design, that would have been great, definitely better than Lynch's, I actually have met some crew that came to Mexico city to work for the project and when it came down they decided to stay and are still active in the business today. </p>

I own fando y lis and santa sangre (japanese laserdisc) and like them both very much but nothing like el topo (my favorite) or holy mountain, maybe it's just what I was going through when I first saw each of them.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Just read a Wiki article on the movie - seems on a completely new level of weirdness [:|]</p>
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

HOLY SHIT. How fucking cool would this have been?! [:O]</p>

Jodorowsky began working in 1975 on an adaptation of Frank Herbert's Dune. The project was intended to involve his son Brontis (Paul), Orson Welles as the Baron, Salvador Dalí as the Emperor, Mick Jagger as Feyd Rautha, Alain Delon as Duncan Idaho, Geraldine Chaplin as Lady Jessica, Dan O'Bannon for the script, Chris Foss, Pink Floyd, H. R. Giger and Jean Giraud (M?bius).
                    </p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

HOLY SHIT. How fucking cool would this have been?! [:O]</p>

Jodorowsky began working in 1975 on an adaptation of Frank Herbert's Dune. The project was intended to involve his son Brontis (Paul), Orson Welles as the Baron, Salvador Dalí as the Emperor, Mick Jagger as Feyd Rautha, Alain Delon as Duncan Idaho, Geraldine Chaplin as Lady Jessica, Dan O'Bannon for the script, Chris Foss, Pink Floyd, H. R. Giger and Jean Giraud (M?bius).
                      </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

This sounds just ridiculous. Why didn't this come to fruition? Did the world collectively sin is some sort of egregious fashion post-1975?</p>
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• klangspiel
                        • Apr 2007

[quote user="Diego"]I own fando y lis and santa sangre (japanese laserdisc) and like them both very much but nothing like el topo (my favorite) or holy mountain, [/quote]</p>

kinda gutted that i missed out on the screenings of the newly restored prints of el topo and holy mountain when they were here (melbourne) last year. sold out in quick time. </p>

on another cinematic "psychotropic-magik" tripppp, i highly recommend ira cohen's the invasion of thunderbolt pagoda.
                        perhaps less driven by a narrative than jodorowsky but it is as visually baroque and dazzling.</p>

</p>

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

where do they find the people who subject themselves to shit like that?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• klangspiel
                            • Apr 2007

^ satyricon extras

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

will check invasion of thunderbolt pagoda, also one of my favs arrived yesterday</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

</p>

</p>

btw I can't stand fellini. </p>

Comment

• mass
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Diego"]

will check invasion of thunderbolt pagoda, also one of my favs arrived yesterday</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5811/67box348x490mt1.jpg</span>

</p>

</p>

btw I can't stand fellini. </p>[/quote]

i was watching orpheus the other day...

i love fellini, especially his neo-realistic works. but i really prefer his later colour films (satyricon, amarcord, juliet of the spirits which is my favorite).

decided to watch point blank again, which is one of my favorite films. i think lee marvin was definitely one of the most underrated tough guys (& in general). marvin vs that hack steve mcqueen no contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎